Tyler is leaving Gorleston high school in Gresham’s scholarship scheme
- Credit: Archant
A student at a Gorleston high school is celebrating after winning a scholarship at Gresham’s School in Holt.
Tyler Munro, who is the head girl at Ormiston Ventre Academy, has been chosen for a sixth form full academic and boarding scholarship for two years from September
She has became the eighth student to receive the scholarship as part of a partnership between Ormiston Venture Academy and Gresham’s.
The process of selecting a scholar takes several months, with candidates going through several rounds of interviews and tasks before the final candidates attend interviews with Gresham’s senior team.
Tyler has represented the academy at debating competitions and sporting fixtures and through the Union has done a huge amount to raise money for good causes. Tyler plans to complete the International Baccalaureate at Gresham’s, before studying medicine.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “This opportunity is life changing, I am so excited to start this new chapter of my life and really get started at Gresham’s.”
- 1 'Absolutely crazy' - Beer gardens bustle on first weekend open
- 2 E-scooter riders clock up 10,000 miles in over two weeks
- 3 'What's not to like?' - Waiting list for beach huts as owners return
- 4 Toddler found in car not wearing seatbelt and driver had no licence
- 5 Woman's appeal against condition on pub conversion rejected
- 6 Police on scene in village 'just in case' as person taken to hospital
- 7 Fight back against plans for supermarket 'in wrong place' on A47
- 8 A47 closed after crash as oil and debris cleared up
- 9 7 things you may have missed in Great Yarmouth since lockdown
- 10 Hotel and restaurant for sale for £150,000 less two years on