Tyler is leaving Gorleston high school in Gresham’s scholarship scheme
- Credit: Archant
A student at a Gorleston high school is celebrating after winning a scholarship at Gresham’s School in Holt.
Tyler Munro, who is the head girl at Ormiston Ventre Academy, has been chosen for a sixth form full academic and boarding scholarship for two years from September
She has became the eighth student to receive the scholarship as part of a partnership between Ormiston Venture Academy and Gresham’s.
The process of selecting a scholar takes several months, with candidates going through several rounds of interviews and tasks before the final candidates attend interviews with Gresham’s senior team.
Tyler has represented the academy at debating competitions and sporting fixtures and through the Union has done a huge amount to raise money for good causes. Tyler plans to complete the International Baccalaureate at Gresham’s, before studying medicine.
She said: “This opportunity is life changing, I am so excited to start this new chapter of my life and really get started at Gresham’s.”
- 1 New bus service to link Great Yarmouth with two major airports
- 2 Gorleston road closed for five months for new manhole and tunnel
- 3 Man on cocktail of drugs arrested after hitting 73mph in 30mph limit
- 4 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 5 Concern for missing Great Yarmouth man
- 6 Virus expert predicts Omicron will start 'outcompeting' Delta
- 7 Parts of Norfolk could see 60mph winds as Storm Barra hits
- 8 Car park closed after more erosion at Winterton
- 9 The best fossil hunting spots across East Anglia
- 10 Wind turbines, cables and trenches: Is another way possible?