Tyler is leaving Gorleston high school in Gresham’s scholarship scheme
- Credit: Archant
A student at a Gorleston high school is celebrating after winning a scholarship at Gresham’s School in Holt.
Tyler Munro, who is the head girl at Ormiston Ventre Academy, has been chosen for a sixth form full academic and boarding scholarship for two years from September
She has became the eighth student to receive the scholarship as part of a partnership between Ormiston Venture Academy and Gresham’s.
The process of selecting a scholar takes several months, with candidates going through several rounds of interviews and tasks before the final candidates attend interviews with Gresham’s senior team.
Tyler has represented the academy at debating competitions and sporting fixtures and through the Union has done a huge amount to raise money for good causes. Tyler plans to complete the International Baccalaureate at Gresham’s, before studying medicine.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “This opportunity is life changing, I am so excited to start this new chapter of my life and really get started at Gresham’s.”
- 1 Ghostly photos show deserted Yarmouth in lockdown
- 2 Minke whale washes up on beach
- 3 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 4 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 5 Council pay out six claims to drivers after car park ramp damaged vehicles
- 6 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 7 Firearms collector, 72, jailed for having illegal shotgun and pistol
- 8 Neighbours oppose off-licence over crime fears
- 9 Inquest rules 'witty and strong-willed' 26-year-old's death accidental
- 10 Number of Covid patients in hospital falls for first time in four months