Glowing Ofsted report for Gorleston nursery that provides ‘high quality teaching’
- Credit: Scribbles Day Nursery
Children and staff at a Gorleston nursery are celebrating an outstanding inspection report.
Scribbles Day Nursery has been rated outstanding across the board after a visit from Oftsed inspectors at the end of October.
Inspectors said the manager and deputy “work tirelessly to ensure the nursery provides the highest levels of individual care for children and support for their families”.
They praised the “high quality” teaching provided by the nursery and added “staff are extremely proactive about involving parents in all aspects of their child’s development”.
The report said: “Children who have special educational needs and/or disabilities quickly develop the skills to concentrate for short periods of time and play well alongside their friends.”
You may also want to watch:
It recognised that manager Kirsty Jenkins and her deputy Helen Gilham had “action plans in place to continue to improve the quality of the nursery and staff had “benefited from constructive feedback and opportunities to improve their teaching skills by watching their colleagues”.
Assessment of children’s learning is focused and accurate and includes those involved in the child’s development.
- 1 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 2 The Empire Strikes Back - our review of the new indoor food market
- 3 Britain's Got Talent golden buzzer winner to appear in Gorleston cabaret show
- 4 Norwich City legends play football against dementia
- 5 Pleasure Beach's tropical event ready to launch - and free macs if it rains
- 6 'Something really fresh for Great Yarmouth' - Empire ready to re-open
- 7 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 8 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 9 Twin Bakes sell out of treats during first pop-up sale
- 10 Woman felt her life was 'destroyed' after rape by two men, court hears
Inspectors noted that parents who work offshore are particularly pleased with how the nursery keeps them involved with their children’s learning when they are working away from home.
In their previous inspection in 2014, the nursery was rated good, Ofsted’s second highest grading and now three years later it has been awarded the highest grading, outstanding.
Miss Jenkins said: “For the team to be recognised for the work they are all so passionate about is an immense feeling. Recognition for the way which we use our additional funding to further children’s outcomes means the world to me.
“Early intervention is key to ensuring that children quickly catch up with their peers before they enter school, being school ready is crucial to a successful start with their peers.”
To celebrate their Ofsted report, Scribbles will be holding an open day between 10am and noon and then 2pm to 4pm at the nursery on Monday, November 27. All parents are welcome, new and old, for fun activities and cakes.
Free registration will also be offered to parents who sign their children up to nursery on the day.