Gorleston academy celebrates the class of 2017 in style
- Credit: Archant
It is nice to see you again! Ormsiton Venture Academy has proudly welcomed back the class of 2017 for the Gorleston school’s annual graduation ceremony.
The event let families, students and staff celebrate the GCSE achievements of the year group in style.
Students wearing red gowns and mortar boards received diplomas to commemorate their time at Venture, and to recognise the passing of one phase of their education to another.
Principal Simon Gilbert-Barnham said: ”It was a real pleasure to see our class of 2017 formally graduate as Venture alumni. We are so proud of them and the exciting futures they are embarking on – they’ve all grown into such exceptional young adults.”
The academy operates an alumni programme which enables students to share successes and continue to be positive role models within the academy. Former students who want support are urged to get in touch.
You may also want to watch:
Ten students received outstanding achievement awards.
- 1 'Absolutely crazy' - Beer gardens bustle on first weekend open
- 2 E-scooter riders clock up 10,000 miles in over two weeks
- 3 Toddler found in car not wearing seatbelt and driver had no licence
- 4 'What's not to like?' - Waiting list for beach huts as owners return
- 5 Woman's appeal against condition on pub conversion rejected
- 6 Police on scene in village 'just in case' as person taken to hospital
- 7 Fight back against plans for supermarket 'in wrong place' on A47
- 8 A47 closed after crash as oil and debris cleared up
- 9 7 things you may have missed in Great Yarmouth since lockdown
- 10 Hotel and restaurant for sale for £150,000 less two years on
Thiri Nyan Coe
Tiah Paige Davie