Joy for Gorleston sixth form college A-level students as 99pc achieve overall pass rate
- Credit: © James Bass 2017
Students at East Norfolk Sixth Form College are celebrating their A-level results.
The Gorleston college saw an overall pass rate of 99pc and 75pc of students receiving A*-C grades.
East Norfolk Sixth Form College Principal, Dr Catherine Richards, said: “I am absolutely delighted by this year’s results.
Our students have achieved fantastic grades, which is recognition for their hard work and determination to succeed and the dedication of our highly skilled staff to support our students and their aspirations.
As the top college locally for progression, more than half have secured their places at Oxbridge to study subjects ranging from medicine, maths, natural sciences, English literature, history and politics and chemistry. Many others are leaving the college to gain employment and apprenticeships having achieved impressive grades.”
You may also want to watch:
The results were the same as last year.
- 1 Britain's Got Talent golden buzzer winner to appear in Gorleston cabaret show
- 2 Pleasure Beach's tropical event ready to launch - and free macs if it rains
- 3 Man appears in court charged with murder of Gorleston woman
- 4 Historic town wasteland transformed into vivid urban garden
- 5 Flats bid for former pub refused over 'cramped showers' concerns
- 6 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 7 The Empire Strikes Back - our review of the new indoor food market
- 8 Norwich City legends play football against dementia
- 9 Covid on the coast: Record high for July but case numbers dipping
- 10 Twin Bakes sell out of treats during first pop-up sale