Joy for Gorleston sixth form college A-level students as 99pc achieve overall pass rate
- Credit: © James Bass 2017
Students at East Norfolk Sixth Form College are celebrating their A-level results.
The Gorleston college saw an overall pass rate of 99pc and 75pc of students receiving A*-C grades.
East Norfolk Sixth Form College Principal, Dr Catherine Richards, said: “I am absolutely delighted by this year’s results.
Our students have achieved fantastic grades, which is recognition for their hard work and determination to succeed and the dedication of our highly skilled staff to support our students and their aspirations.
As the top college locally for progression, more than half have secured their places at Oxbridge to study subjects ranging from medicine, maths, natural sciences, English literature, history and politics and chemistry. Many others are leaving the college to gain employment and apprenticeships having achieved impressive grades.”
You may also want to watch:
The results were the same as last year.
- 1 Drone photo shows £26m seafront leisure centre taking shape
- 2 'Water runs down the walls' - Woman, 65, hits out at mouldy council flat
- 3 What's opening in Great Yarmouth from May 17?
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Election 2021: Low turnout in Great Yarmouth
- 6 Buy a B&B as nine for sale in 'boom year' for budget hotels
- 7 Man charged with having more than 220,000 indecent images of children
- 8 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 9 Man dies after being found unresponsive in car at retail park
- 10 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'