Joy for Gorleston sixth form college A-level students as 99pc achieve overall pass rate
- Credit: © James Bass 2017
Students at East Norfolk Sixth Form College are celebrating their A-level results.
The Gorleston college saw an overall pass rate of 99pc and 75pc of students receiving A*-C grades.
East Norfolk Sixth Form College Principal, Dr Catherine Richards, said: “I am absolutely delighted by this year’s results.
Our students have achieved fantastic grades, which is recognition for their hard work and determination to succeed and the dedication of our highly skilled staff to support our students and their aspirations.
As the top college locally for progression, more than half have secured their places at Oxbridge to study subjects ranging from medicine, maths, natural sciences, English literature, history and politics and chemistry. Many others are leaving the college to gain employment and apprenticeships having achieved impressive grades.”
You may also want to watch:
The results were the same as last year.
- 1 'Business as usual' as shopping mall enters administration
- 2 Jail for 'Jekyll and Hyde' builder who made customer 'fear for her life'
- 3 Another Norfolk branch of Outfit shuts for good among 31 more closures
- 4 Investigation into 'particularly severe' case of fly-tipping
- 5 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 6 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 7 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 8 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 9 Town centre post office closed as staff self-isolate
- 10 Council rounds on 'uninformed' coronavirus marshal critics