Gorleston students given eye-opening experience at Norfolk Police headquarters
- Credit: Ormiston Academies Trust
Two Gorleston students were given the opportunity to step over the thin blue line and learn about police life at a ‘takeover day’.
As part of the work experience initiative, Robbie Milbourne and Ellie Philpott, who attend Ormiston Venture Academy, spent a memorable day at Norfolk Police’s headquarters in Wymondham.
Here, the young ones got to witness first-hand how police deal with domestic violence - the theme of the day - watching a role play of a domestic abuse case, as well as getting to see officers go about their daily routines.
They were also shown around different departments at the headquarters and learned about the different roles within the police.
They said: “We both had a great day, it was a really good eye-opener as to what goes on and there is so much more than you think.
You may also want to watch:
“We both found it a really good experience.
- 1 Police searching for Patricia Holland believe her to be dead
- 2 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 3 'Something really fresh for Great Yarmouth' - Empire ready to re-open
- 4 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 5 Appeal to find missing man from London last seen at Norfolk campsite
- 6 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 7 7 big projects in Great Yarmouth and when they are happening
- 8 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 9 Shop to reopen after fire which caused 'significant' damage
- 10 Best friend pays tribute to missing woman, describing her as a 'lovely lady'