Gorleston students given eye-opening experience at Norfolk Police headquarters
- Credit: Ormiston Academies Trust
Two Gorleston students were given the opportunity to step over the thin blue line and learn about police life at a ‘takeover day’.
As part of the work experience initiative, Robbie Milbourne and Ellie Philpott, who attend Ormiston Venture Academy, spent a memorable day at Norfolk Police’s headquarters in Wymondham.
Here, the young ones got to witness first-hand how police deal with domestic violence - the theme of the day - watching a role play of a domestic abuse case, as well as getting to see officers go about their daily routines.
They were also shown around different departments at the headquarters and learned about the different roles within the police.
They said: “We both had a great day, it was a really good eye-opener as to what goes on and there is so much more than you think.
You may also want to watch:
“We both found it a really good experience.
- 1 Woman's appeal against condition on pub conversion rejected
- 2 7 things you may have missed in Great Yarmouth since lockdown
- 3 Fight back against plans for supermarket 'in wrong place' on A47
- 4 Police on scene in village 'just in case' as person taken to hospital
- 5 A47 closed after crash as oil and debris cleared up
- 6 Hotel and restaurant for sale for £150,000 less two years on
- 7 Hunt for silver VW Golf after man seriously injured in hit-and-run
- 8 New escape room to open in Great Yarmouth
- 9 'They're so good' - Couple shielding for year praise 'lifeline' charity
- 10 Fake £50 notes used to buy items on Facebook