Gorleston students given eye-opening experience at Norfolk Police headquarters
- Credit: Ormiston Academies Trust
Two Gorleston students were given the opportunity to step over the thin blue line and learn about police life at a ‘takeover day’.
As part of the work experience initiative, Robbie Milbourne and Ellie Philpott, who attend Ormiston Venture Academy, spent a memorable day at Norfolk Police’s headquarters in Wymondham.
Here, the young ones got to witness first-hand how police deal with domestic violence - the theme of the day - watching a role play of a domestic abuse case, as well as getting to see officers go about their daily routines.
They were also shown around different departments at the headquarters and learned about the different roles within the police.
They said: “We both had a great day, it was a really good eye-opener as to what goes on and there is so much more than you think.
You may also want to watch:
“We both found it a really good experience.
- 1 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 2 Firearms collector, 72, jailed for having illegal shotgun and pistol
- 3 Neighbours oppose off-licence over crime fears
- 4 Inquest rules 'witty and strong-willed' 26-year-old's death accidental
- 5 Ghostly photos show deserted Yarmouth in lockdown
- 6 Minke whale washes up on beach
- 7 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 8 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 9 Council pay out six claims to drivers after car park ramp damaged vehicles
- 10 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal