Yarmouth school carries out daily Covid 'fogging'
- Credit: Great Yarmouth Charter Academy
A Great Yarmouth high school is carrying out daily disinfection procedures following positive Covid test results.
Due to the tests results, Great Yarmouth Charter Academy will be disinfected daily, with regular cleaning of touchpoints also taking place, the school confirmed.
Another measure being brought in is split lunch sessions taking place from Tuesday to allow year groups to remain in year bubbles.
The school also says face masks should be worn in communal areas, handwashing will be encouraged and lateral flow tests will be handed out every two weeks.
The measures are included in a letter to parents from principal Kevin Blakey which also says many pupils are not using lateral flow tests that have been provided to them.
The letter also says that last Wednesday the school was disinfected in a "fogging" process.
In his letter Mr Blakey says: "Please be assured that the safety of our children, staff and families and our wider community is our top priority."
- 1 Bid for superbike warehouse bringing up to 30 new jobs
- 2 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 3 Suspect identified in seafront hate attack
- 4 'Adored' teaching assistant retiring after more than three decades
- 5 Sentencing adjourned for man who travelled 272 miles to meet girl
- 6 Market place parking 'amnesty' to tackle school run chaos
- 7 Christmas magic comes to Gorleston
- 8 Drug dealers and shoplifters to be targeted by police
- 9 'The right thing to do' - Great Yarmouth people respond to new restrictions
- 10 'They make people smile': Mural painted on to town's purple parrot house