MP praises Charter Academy regime and invites Piers Morgan to visit
- Credit: Archant
The MP for Great Yarmouth has said he is “beyond impressed” at what is happening at a school in the town that has been in the headlines.
Brandon Lewis has visited Great Yarmouth Charter Academy and tweeted a picture of himself with headteacher Barry Smith.
Mr Lewis tweeted about the changes at the school and said: “Beyond impressed, simply amazing to see the positive change and such a great learning environment.”
The MP also invited Good Morning Britain host Piers Morgan to visit the school after the presenter had praised the academy for its strict rules during a morning show.
Mr Lewis told Mr Morgan the school was “well worth a visit” and thanked him for supporting Mr Smith’s regime at the school, which is run by the Inspiration Trust. Mr Smith was also described as “inspirational” by the MP.
The academy has seen a strict uniform code brought in and the banning of some hairstyles, such as “Meet me at McDonald’s” style.
- 1 New bus service to link Great Yarmouth with two major airports
- 2 Gorleston road closed for five months for new manhole and tunnel
- 3 Man on cocktail of drugs arrested after hitting 73mph in 30mph limit
- 4 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 5 Concern for missing Great Yarmouth man
- 6 Virus expert predicts Omicron will start 'outcompeting' Delta
- 7 Parts of Norfolk could see 60mph winds as Storm Barra hits
- 8 Car park closed after more erosion at Winterton
- 9 The best fossil hunting spots across East Anglia
- 10 Wind turbines, cables and trenches: Is another way possible?