MP praises Charter Academy regime and invites Piers Morgan to visit
- Credit: Archant
The MP for Great Yarmouth has said he is “beyond impressed” at what is happening at a school in the town that has been in the headlines.
Brandon Lewis has visited Great Yarmouth Charter Academy and tweeted a picture of himself with headteacher Barry Smith.
Mr Lewis tweeted about the changes at the school and said: “Beyond impressed, simply amazing to see the positive change and such a great learning environment.”
The MP also invited Good Morning Britain host Piers Morgan to visit the school after the presenter had praised the academy for its strict rules during a morning show.
Mr Lewis told Mr Morgan the school was “well worth a visit” and thanked him for supporting Mr Smith’s regime at the school, which is run by the Inspiration Trust. Mr Smith was also described as “inspirational” by the MP.
You may also want to watch:
The academy has seen a strict uniform code brought in and the banning of some hairstyles, such as “Meet me at McDonald’s” style.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 3 'One of a kind' home with golf simulator and gym is for sale for £795,000
- 4 Killer shrimp 'no-fishing' barriers torn down by vandals in the Broads
- 5 Myleene Klass reveals heartbreak of miscarriage while on live radio
- 6 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 7 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
- 8 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 9 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 Risk of flooding after parts of Norfolk see 8cm of snow