MP praises Charter Academy regime and invites Piers Morgan to visit
- Credit: Archant
The MP for Great Yarmouth has said he is “beyond impressed” at what is happening at a school in the town that has been in the headlines.
Brandon Lewis has visited Great Yarmouth Charter Academy and tweeted a picture of himself with headteacher Barry Smith.
Mr Lewis tweeted about the changes at the school and said: “Beyond impressed, simply amazing to see the positive change and such a great learning environment.”
The MP also invited Good Morning Britain host Piers Morgan to visit the school after the presenter had praised the academy for its strict rules during a morning show.
Mr Lewis told Mr Morgan the school was “well worth a visit” and thanked him for supporting Mr Smith’s regime at the school, which is run by the Inspiration Trust. Mr Smith was also described as “inspirational” by the MP.
You may also want to watch:
The academy has seen a strict uniform code brought in and the banning of some hairstyles, such as “Meet me at McDonald’s” style.
- 1 Toddler found in car not wearing seatbelt and driver had no licence
- 2 'Absolutely crazy' - Beer gardens bustle on first weekend open
- 3 E-scooter riders clock up 10,000 miles in over two weeks
- 4 Police cracking down on anti-social motorbike riders
- 5 Man died after knife fight with housemate
- 6 Woman's appeal against condition on pub conversion rejected
- 7 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 8 'What's not to like?' - Waiting list for beach huts as owners return
- 9 Police on scene in village 'just in case' as person taken to hospital
- 10 Local pub splashes back into action