MP praises Charter Academy regime and invites Piers Morgan to visit
- Credit: Archant
The MP for Great Yarmouth has said he is “beyond impressed” at what is happening at a school in the town that has been in the headlines.
Brandon Lewis has visited Great Yarmouth Charter Academy and tweeted a picture of himself with headteacher Barry Smith.
Mr Lewis tweeted about the changes at the school and said: “Beyond impressed, simply amazing to see the positive change and such a great learning environment.”
The MP also invited Good Morning Britain host Piers Morgan to visit the school after the presenter had praised the academy for its strict rules during a morning show.
Mr Lewis told Mr Morgan the school was “well worth a visit” and thanked him for supporting Mr Smith’s regime at the school, which is run by the Inspiration Trust. Mr Smith was also described as “inspirational” by the MP.
You may also want to watch:
The academy has seen a strict uniform code brought in and the banning of some hairstyles, such as “Meet me at McDonald’s” style.
- 1 Police searching for Patricia Holland believe her to be dead
- 2 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 3 'Something really fresh for Great Yarmouth' - Empire ready to re-open
- 4 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Appeal to find missing man from London last seen at Norfolk campsite
- 7 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 8 7 big projects in Great Yarmouth and when they are happening
- 9 Shop to reopen after fire which caused 'significant' damage
- 10 Family ‘desperately worried’ for grandmother missing for five days