MP praises Charter Academy regime and invites Piers Morgan to visit
- Credit: Archant
The MP for Great Yarmouth has said he is “beyond impressed” at what is happening at a school in the town that has been in the headlines.
Brandon Lewis has visited Great Yarmouth Charter Academy and tweeted a picture of himself with headteacher Barry Smith.
Mr Lewis tweeted about the changes at the school and said: “Beyond impressed, simply amazing to see the positive change and such a great learning environment.”
The MP also invited Good Morning Britain host Piers Morgan to visit the school after the presenter had praised the academy for its strict rules during a morning show.
Mr Lewis told Mr Morgan the school was “well worth a visit” and thanked him for supporting Mr Smith’s regime at the school, which is run by the Inspiration Trust. Mr Smith was also described as “inspirational” by the MP.
You may also want to watch:
The academy has seen a strict uniform code brought in and the banning of some hairstyles, such as “Meet me at McDonald’s” style.
- 1 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 2 Man arrested for murder of still missing 83-year-old
- 3 Man jailed for county lines drug dealing in Great Yarmouth
- 4 Man 'helping police with inquiries' in search for missing woman
- 5 Suspected murder victim had 'heart of gold' and 'loved life'
- 6 Rooms with a view? See two new hotel suites costing £120,000
- 7 7 big projects in Great Yarmouth and when they are happening
- 8 Funding for Hemsby sea defences a 'significant challenge'
- 9 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 10 Rail service disrupted after boat hits railway bridge