Great Yarmouth college pushes apprentice plan
A SPECIAL event to reward the efforts of apprentices and encourage more employers to train their future workforce by through such schemes will be held at Great Yarmouth College.
Employers are invited to nominate their trainees for the college’s inaugural Apprenticeship Awards to recognise the achievements of young people who choose to train on the job on Tuesday February 8 between 6.30 and 8pm.
New employers considering taking on apprentices are also being invited to the event to find out what it involves and witness how training in the workplace can enhance their businesses.
The event – in national Apprenticeship Week - will also launch Challenge 100, the drive to find 100 new apprenticeships in Norfolk within 100 days.
And as an incentive to encourage employers to commit to train 16-18-year-olds, the college is offering a �500 ‘cashback’ offer for employers who sign up new apprentices who complete their qualifications within the prescribed timescale.
Mark Bayley, head of centre for sales and marketing at Great Yarmouth College said: “The government has announced major investment in apprenticeships, not only for young people aged between 16 and 18 but also for employees aged 19 and over.
“You may looking to recruit or are interested in how you can develop your existing employees – either way we can help.”
- 1 Pleasure Beach running locals evening with discount for NR postcodes
- 2 Football club fined and chairman suspended over FA breaches
- 3 'Handful' of people kicked out of Norfolk cinema amid Minions TikTok craze
- 4 Hunted winner reveals show secrets in Instagram diary
- 5 Dog rescued after fire breaks out at Gorleston home
- 6 Debate over 665 homes to be broadcast live amid 'heightened interest'
- 7 'Sold as seen' - two-bed house gutted by fire goes on the market
- 8 Multiple fire crews tackle overnight blaze in Norfolk home
- 9 Mural in Great Yarmouth celebrating Queen's jubilee is defaced
- 10 Man jailed for hotel arson which caused £6k of damage
To find out more about the event on February 8 and book a place contact Sandy Shreeve at email@example.com or give her a call on 01493 419250.