Great Yarmouth college pushes apprentice plan
A SPECIAL event to reward the efforts of apprentices and encourage more employers to train their future workforce by through such schemes will be held at Great Yarmouth College.
Employers are invited to nominate their trainees for the college’s inaugural Apprenticeship Awards to recognise the achievements of young people who choose to train on the job on Tuesday February 8 between 6.30 and 8pm.
New employers considering taking on apprentices are also being invited to the event to find out what it involves and witness how training in the workplace can enhance their businesses.
The event – in national Apprenticeship Week - will also launch Challenge 100, the drive to find 100 new apprenticeships in Norfolk within 100 days.
And as an incentive to encourage employers to commit to train 16-18-year-olds, the college is offering a �500 ‘cashback’ offer for employers who sign up new apprentices who complete their qualifications within the prescribed timescale.
You may also want to watch:
Mark Bayley, head of centre for sales and marketing at Great Yarmouth College said: “The government has announced major investment in apprenticeships, not only for young people aged between 16 and 18 but also for employees aged 19 and over.
“You may looking to recruit or are interested in how you can develop your existing employees – either way we can help.”
- 1 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 2 'One of a kind' home with golf simulator and gym is for sale for £795,000
- 3 Killer shrimp 'no-fishing' barriers torn down by vandals in the Broads
- 4 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 5 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 6 Myleene Klass reveals heartbreak of miscarriage while on live radio
- 7 The areas of Norfolk where Covid cases are now falling
- 8 Risk of flooding after parts of Norfolk see 8cm of snow
- 9 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
To find out more about the event on February 8 and book a place contact Sandy Shreeve at email@example.com or give her a call on 01493 419250.