Great Yarmouth College showcases opportunities
THE doors of Great Yarmouth College will open next Saturday to showcase courses, training and skills opportunities to potential new learners.
The college offers a range of vocational programmes in the area and has almost �10m of new buildings and facilities at its Southtown campus.
College staff will be on hand between 10am and 2pm to talk through course and qualification options – for school leavers and adults – and hand out information and guidance about how to become a student.
New facilities are currently being completed including new training kitchens for trainee chefs, and the new �2 million School of Arts and Creative Technologies.
The �7million state-of-the-art School of Construction and Manufacturing Technologies - training ground for plumbers, carpenters and joiners, bricklayers, electricians and painters and decorators – will also be open.
You may also want to watch:
Open days for invited school parties are being held on Wednesday and Thursday.
Great Yarmouth College offers programmes from entry level - requiring no formal qualifications - to foundation and full degrees with clear progression routes to help students through step-by-step.
- 1 Man 'helping police with inquiries' in search for missing woman
- 2 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 3 Man arrested for murder of still missing 83-year-old
- 4 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 5 Police seal in place at home of missing vulnerable 83-year-old
- 6 Rooms with a view? See two new hotel suites costing £120,000
- 7 Euro 2020 crowds blamed for Gorleston Covid spike
- 8 Lifeguard, 18, saves teenager from drowning in first days on job
- 9 Almost two dozen arrests on first Saturday after nightclubs open
- 10 Perfect plaices? Three fish and chip firms go up for sale
For full details of all college programmes, log on to the college website at www.gyc.ac.uk or call college information centre advisors on 01493 655261.