Great Yarmouth High announces new permanent headteacher
- Credit: Archant
Great Yarmouth High School has announced the appointment of Louise Jackson as its new permanent headteacher.
Miss Jackson has a wide experience in local schools and is currently interim headteacher at Pakefield High School in Lowestoft. She will start her new role on September 1.
She said: “It is my responsibility to work in partnership with the community to ensure that pupils at Great Yarmouth High School receive the best possible provision so that they can achieve their dreams.’
“Of course I want to measure the success of the school in the future by the academic results achieved, but a school’s success is about much more than that. It’s about the buzz and excitement created by an environment which stimulates engagement in learning and drives pupils forward as independent and curious citizens of the future.”
The school has been without a permanent headteacher since Wendy Missons left in May 2015.
You may also want to watch:
John Catton, chairman of the interim executive board at Great Yarmouth High, said: “We are delighted that Miss Jackson is joining us.
“She stood out within the strong group of applications we received and we are in no doubt that she will bring stability, strong leadership and firm direction to the school over the years ahead.
- 1 New escape room to open in Great Yarmouth
- 2 Four fish and chip shops listed among the best in the country
- 3 Woman's appeal against condition on pub conversion rejected
- 4 Hotel and restaurant for sale for £150,000 less two years on
- 5 Fake £50 notes used to buy items on Facebook
- 6 Extra police as pub gardens opening could coincide with Canaries promotion
- 7 Watch our virtual tour of Pleasure Beach's new Snails and Fairytales ride
- 8 Council to splash out £1.9m on Great Yarmouth town centre
- 9 Delivery driver fined for 'flagrant' seafront stunt caught on CCTV
- 10 New surface planned for 'muddy' track popular with walkers
“In my view, we now have a powerful recipe for success at Great Yarmouth High School, with Louise Jackson as headteacher and Inspiration Trust as sponsor. Like everyone within the school community, I look forward to seeing rapid improvement, after many years of under-performance.”
The school is hoping for a more settled 2016/17 year after what has been a year full of change.
In December, the school’s governing body was replaced by an interim executive board headed by Mr Catton.
The school was once in talks to join the Diocese of Norwich Academies and Education Trust, but in March it was announced that they were to join the Inspiration Trust.