Towns in Great Yarmouth to be visited by Mental Wellbeing Road Show
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Towns and villages in Great Yarmouth will be visited this month by “The Mental Wellbeing Road Show”.
The road show will focus on the objectives of Time to Change, a mental health campaign in England launched to reduce mental health-related stigma and discrimination.
The road show will be at Shrublands Medical Centre in Gorleston between 10am and 4pm on July 16.
The show will then go to Great Yarmouth Market Place, outside the Market Gates Shopping centre on July 17, again from 10am to 4pm
On July 18 between 10am and 12.30pm it will be in the Village Centre of Ormesby St Margaret and then the Thoroughfare, Halesworth between 1pm and 4pm
You may also want to watch:
Howard Tidman, a senior practitioner with NSFT’s Great Yarmouth Acute Services, said the aim of the road show was to “bring mental health services to the people.”
He said: “There’s an assumption that people are mobile but in our experience that is not always the case which is why we are so keen to get out into the community.”
- 1 Police searching for Patricia Holland believe her to be dead
- 2 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 3 'Something really fresh for Great Yarmouth' - Empire ready to re-open
- 4 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 5 Appeal to find missing man from London last seen at Norfolk campsite
- 6 7 big projects in Great Yarmouth and when they are happening
- 7 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 8 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 9 Shop to reopen after fire which caused 'significant' damage
- 10 Best friend pays tribute to missing woman, describing her as a 'lovely lady'