Towns in Great Yarmouth to be visited by Mental Wellbeing Road Show
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Towns and villages in Great Yarmouth will be visited this month by “The Mental Wellbeing Road Show”.
The road show will focus on the objectives of Time to Change, a mental health campaign in England launched to reduce mental health-related stigma and discrimination.
The road show will be at Shrublands Medical Centre in Gorleston between 10am and 4pm on July 16.
The show will then go to Great Yarmouth Market Place, outside the Market Gates Shopping centre on July 17, again from 10am to 4pm
On July 18 between 10am and 12.30pm it will be in the Village Centre of Ormesby St Margaret and then the Thoroughfare, Halesworth between 1pm and 4pm
You may also want to watch:
Howard Tidman, a senior practitioner with NSFT’s Great Yarmouth Acute Services, said the aim of the road show was to “bring mental health services to the people.”
He said: “There’s an assumption that people are mobile but in our experience that is not always the case which is why we are so keen to get out into the community.”
- 1 Woman's appeal against condition on pub conversion rejected
- 2 7 things you may have missed in Great Yarmouth since lockdown
- 3 Fight back against plans for supermarket 'in wrong place' on A47
- 4 Police on scene in village 'just in case' as person taken to hospital
- 5 A47 closed after crash as oil and debris cleared up
- 6 Hunt for silver VW Golf after man seriously injured in hit-and-run
- 7 Hotel and restaurant for sale for £150,000 less two years on
- 8 New escape room to open in Great Yarmouth
- 9 'They're so good' - Couple shielding for year praise 'lifeline' charity
- 10 'What's not to like?' - Waiting list for beach huts as owners return