Students self-isolating after three coronavirus cases at coastal school
- Credit: Archant
A number of students on the coast are self-isolating after three people at a school tested positive for coronavirus.
Lynn Grove, an academy in Gorleston, has confirmed the cases include two members of staff and one pupil.
Letters sent to parents state that staff at the school were told by Public Health England (PHE) of two of the cases on Thursday (October 15) and Sunday (October 18).
Principal Alison Mobbs said: “Following advice, a number of pupils in different year groups have been required by PHE to self-isolate in line with government guidelines.
“These pupils will follow the school curriculum from home.
You may also want to watch:
“The affected areas of the school have been immediately deep cleaned.
“We will continue to follow government guidelines to ensure that pupils can learn safely while contributing to the national effort to suppress the coronavirus,” Ms Mobbs said.
- 1 Thrilling Fire on the Water show to light up Yarmouth
- 2 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 3 Spectacular show to light up Great Yarmouth's Venetian Waterways
- 4 One person left with serious injuries after Yarmouth crash
- 5 Burglars make off with bird equipment after Great Yarmouth break in
- 6 Police appeal after motorcyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 7 Meet the Yarmouth firm on tonight's Grand Designs
- 8 Councillors in coastal village vow to fight 665 homes bid
- 9 Hope steps seen in Danny Boyle's Yesterday will get much-needed repairs
- 10 Dog prices stay high after lockdown boom, buyers say