Man jailed over Winterton cannabis factory
A MAN who grew cannabis at a barn in Winterton has been jailed for 20 months.
Christopher Muskett, 27, of The Street, Ashwellthorpe, was sentenced at Norwich Crown Court on Friday, October 29, after pleading guilty to producing cannabis at an earlier hearing.
The find came about in January after firefighters tackling a blaze at a barn in the village discovered a cannabis factory.
More than 200 plants were discovered along with cultivation equipment.
Insp Nathan Clark, from the Caister and Coastal Villages Safer Neighbourhood Team, said: “The production and dealing of drugs will not be tolerated in our communities and this sentence demonstrates the seriousness of this type of crime.
You may also want to watch:
“I hope this reassures local residents that police and the courts take these crimes seriously and our work to drive out drug dealers will continue.”
- 1 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 2 Mystery mural found in back street sparks hunt for artist
- 3 Fire breaks out at care home in the Broads
- 4 Son's concern as Covid hospital patient, 85, moved seven times in two weeks
- 5 Bank says branch still open after 'ominous' sign appears
- 6 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 7 Projects to restore axed rail routes get £794m boost
- 8 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 9 Pressure grows for fixed date for schools to re-open
- 10 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight