Man jailed over Winterton cannabis factory
A MAN who grew cannabis at a barn in Winterton has been jailed for 20 months.
Christopher Muskett, 27, of The Street, Ashwellthorpe, was sentenced at Norwich Crown Court on Friday, October 29, after pleading guilty to producing cannabis at an earlier hearing.
The find came about in January after firefighters tackling a blaze at a barn in the village discovered a cannabis factory.
More than 200 plants were discovered along with cultivation equipment.
Insp Nathan Clark, from the Caister and Coastal Villages Safer Neighbourhood Team, said: “The production and dealing of drugs will not be tolerated in our communities and this sentence demonstrates the seriousness of this type of crime.
You may also want to watch:
“I hope this reassures local residents that police and the courts take these crimes seriously and our work to drive out drug dealers will continue.”
- 1 Emergency services dealing with incident at inflatable on beach
- 2 Our verdict on the new Giant Wheel on Great Yarmouth seafront
- 3 Plea to find family of 38-year-old Great Yarmouth man
- 4 The Last Post - knitted tribute to Prince Philip pops up in village
- 5 Lockdown easing brings joy, smiles and hope on Great Yarmouth's Regent Road
- 6 Landmark seaside hotel serves 100 by midday as lockdown eases
- 7 Eight pints pulled in first three minutes as pub's 'happy hour' returns
- 8 Cosmetic clinic's waiting list grows as clients want pre-lockdown looks
- 9 Public toilets in Hemsby reopen after £23,000 revamp
- 10 Two men jailed for stealing 'laughing gas' from hospital