Man jailed over Winterton cannabis factory
A MAN who grew cannabis at a barn in Winterton has been jailed for 20 months.
Christopher Muskett, 27, of The Street, Ashwellthorpe, was sentenced at Norwich Crown Court on Friday, October 29, after pleading guilty to producing cannabis at an earlier hearing.
The find came about in January after firefighters tackling a blaze at a barn in the village discovered a cannabis factory.
More than 200 plants were discovered along with cultivation equipment.
Insp Nathan Clark, from the Caister and Coastal Villages Safer Neighbourhood Team, said: “The production and dealing of drugs will not be tolerated in our communities and this sentence demonstrates the seriousness of this type of crime.
You may also want to watch:
“I hope this reassures local residents that police and the courts take these crimes seriously and our work to drive out drug dealers will continue.”
- 1 Weekly fireworks making 'spectacular' return to seafront
- 2 Gas worker on meter round stumbles on cannabis factory with 90 plants
- 3 Motorcyclist in hospital with serious injuries after crash
- 4 Live music returning to Great Yarmouth seafront
- 5 Free 'interview haircuts' for jobseekers in coastal town
- 6 Bid for grocery store in end-of-terrace house
- 7 Traders look back on devastating Great Yarmouth fire
- 8 Appeal to find missing man from Gorleston
- 9 Jailed in July: Drug dealing, knife crime and manslaughter
- 10 TV presenter Stephen Mulhern spotted filming pop-up game show in Yarmouth