Parents warned time running out to apply for primary school places
- Credit: PA
Parents in Norfolk have been reminded time is running out to register children for primary school from this September.
Norfolk County Council says the closing date for registering children born between September 1 2016 and 31 August 2017 is January 15.
Applications can be made online but paper applications are also accepted and can be downloaded from the Norfolk County Council website.
Parents need to make an application for a reception class place, even if their child attends a nursery class at the same school.
A child’s attendance at a nursery attached to a school does not normally give them priority for a place at that school.
You may also want to watch:
The round for admission to Year 3 at junior schools in September 2021 also closes on January 15. Applications can be made online and a decision will be made by 16 April.
- 1 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 2 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 3 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 4 Town centre post office closed as staff self-isolate
- 5 Killer shrimp 'no-fishing' barriers torn down by vandals in the Broads
- 6 Retired teacher took his own life ahead of abuse court case, inquest hears
- 7 Investigation into 'particularly severe' case of fly-tipping
- 8 Grab your binoculars to see the Moon, Mars and Uranus together
- 9 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 10 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country