Norfolk school children meet swimming star for charity circuit day
- Credit: Hopton Primary School
Children at a Norfolk school have had a taste of Olympic stardom after a medal-winning swimmer visited their school.
Pupils at Hopton Primary School met Commonwealth silver medallist Joe Roebuck and joined him in a sponsored circuit session.
Mr Roebuck, who competed in the London 2012 Olympics, helped all the children complete four different exercises before delivering an inspirational assembly to the whole school.
The children were sponsored to complete the circuit, with funds going to the school’s charity of choice, as well as Olympic athletes.
Funds were also donated back to the school, to aid them in buying new sports equipment.
You may also want to watch:
The school managed to raise more than £1,00 for the causes.
Headteacher Christabelle Whiteley-Tye said: “It certainly was an extraordinary afternoon with the children completing the challenge with a smile on their faces.”
- 1 Four fish and chip shops listed among the best in the country
- 2 Man staged his own kidnap to get ransom from his family
- 3 Watch our virtual tour of Pleasure Beach's new Snails and Fairytales ride
- 4 Delivery driver fined for 'flagrant' seafront stunt caught on CCTV
- 5 Council to splash out £1.9m on Great Yarmouth town centre
- 6 Trio from Great Yarmouth charged with Norwich betting shop robbery
- 7 'We're going to be rammed' - pubs bracing for weekend revelry
- 8 New surface planned for 'muddy' track popular with walkers
- 9 Deliveroo to launch in Great Yarmouth with 45 restaurants signed up
- 10 Asda says redundancy 'last option' for bakery staff