Norfolk school children meet swimming star for charity circuit day
- Credit: Hopton Primary School
Children at a Norfolk school have had a taste of Olympic stardom after a medal-winning swimmer visited their school.
Pupils at Hopton Primary School met Commonwealth silver medallist Joe Roebuck and joined him in a sponsored circuit session.
Mr Roebuck, who competed in the London 2012 Olympics, helped all the children complete four different exercises before delivering an inspirational assembly to the whole school.
The children were sponsored to complete the circuit, with funds going to the school’s charity of choice, as well as Olympic athletes.
Funds were also donated back to the school, to aid them in buying new sports equipment.
You may also want to watch:
The school managed to raise more than £1,00 for the causes.
Headteacher Christabelle Whiteley-Tye said: “It certainly was an extraordinary afternoon with the children completing the challenge with a smile on their faces.”
- 1 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 2 'One of a kind' home with golf simulator and gym is for sale for £795,000
- 3 Killer shrimp 'no-fishing' barriers torn down by vandals in the Broads
- 4 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 5 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 6 Myleene Klass reveals heartbreak of miscarriage while on live radio
- 7 The areas of Norfolk where Covid cases are now falling
- 8 Risk of flooding after parts of Norfolk see 8cm of snow
- 9 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk