Norfolk school children meet swimming star for charity circuit day
- Credit: Hopton Primary School
Children at a Norfolk school have had a taste of Olympic stardom after a medal-winning swimmer visited their school.
Pupils at Hopton Primary School met Commonwealth silver medallist Joe Roebuck and joined him in a sponsored circuit session.
Mr Roebuck, who competed in the London 2012 Olympics, helped all the children complete four different exercises before delivering an inspirational assembly to the whole school.
The children were sponsored to complete the circuit, with funds going to the school’s charity of choice, as well as Olympic athletes.
Funds were also donated back to the school, to aid them in buying new sports equipment.
You may also want to watch:
The school managed to raise more than £1,00 for the causes.
Headteacher Christabelle Whiteley-Tye said: “It certainly was an extraordinary afternoon with the children completing the challenge with a smile on their faces.”
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 'Something really fresh for Great Yarmouth' - Empire ready to re-open
- 3 Woman felt her life was 'destroyed' after rape by two men, court hears
- 4 Man seriously injured after crash on A149
- 5 Family ‘desperately worried’ for grandmother missing for five days
- 6 Forensic officers back as hunt for missing Patricia Holland in fifth day
- 7 Public urged to check outbuildings as fears grow for missing woman
- 8 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 9 From rock n roll to full throttle - Norfolk woman joins motor sport
- 10 Police sniffer dogs join search for missing woman