Great Yarmouth pupils enjoy outdoor activities at Aylmerton Study Centre
- Credit: Archant
Pupils from Northgate Primary School in Great Yarmouth have stayed at Aylmerton Study Centre for a fun-packed few days of outdoor activities
The Year 4 cohort enjoyed a two night residential trip.
Outdoor activities included tackling low ropes, camouflage and den-building and swinging above water on a self-constructed zip wire.
Throughout the trip, the children were encouraged to focus on teamwork and they worked so well at communicating and encouraging each other.
Children overcame their fears and were proud of each other as they tackled the different challenges. One of the highlights was the night walk, where the children trekked through a local woodland, listening to the forest sounds and meeting George, an ancient hollow oak tree.
Sarah Young, from the school, said: “The entire experience was enjoyed by staff and pupils; it will be a lasting highlight of their time in Year 4.”
- 1 Plan for new 30 affordable houses in Great Yarmouth
- 2 Weather warning in place as snow falls in parts of Norfolk and Waveney
- 3 Banned drink driver led Great Yarmouth police on chase
- 4 Great Yarmouth set to be transformed into a winter wonderland once again
- 5 Tributes to Yarmouth Town legend Keith
- 6 'It's caused chaos' - Vaccine centre boss reacts after locks glued
- 7 Tributes paid to much-loved family man who died in A143 crash
- 8 Man stopped 504 people from getting jabs after gluing vaccine centre locks
- 9 Former school, day centres and farm could be sold by council
- 10 Mother 'saved' from post-natal depression after starting grazing box firm