Great Yarmouth pupils enjoy outdoor activities at Aylmerton Study Centre
- Credit: Archant
Pupils from Northgate Primary School in Great Yarmouth have stayed at Aylmerton Study Centre for a fun-packed few days of outdoor activities
The Year 4 cohort enjoyed a two night residential trip.
Outdoor activities included tackling low ropes, camouflage and den-building and swinging above water on a self-constructed zip wire.
Throughout the trip, the children were encouraged to focus on teamwork and they worked so well at communicating and encouraging each other.
Children overcame their fears and were proud of each other as they tackled the different challenges. One of the highlights was the night walk, where the children trekked through a local woodland, listening to the forest sounds and meeting George, an ancient hollow oak tree.
You may also want to watch:
Sarah Young, from the school, said: “The entire experience was enjoyed by staff and pupils; it will be a lasting highlight of their time in Year 4.”
- 1 Historic seaside pub reveals £60,000 B&B rooms
- 2 Barber seeks sender of anonymous gift to say 'thank you'
- 3 A47 reopens after crash on Acle Straight
- 4 Homeowner punched and kicked after finding burglar stealing items from shed
- 5 'We'll survive' - Town market traders hopeful as £5.3m work begins
- 6 Vandals force knitters to remove 22 yarn bombs from village
- 7 Local pub splashes back into action
- 8 Third Subway looks set to open in town
- 9 Towering garden tipi proves a hit with al fresco drinkers
- 10 Warning not to be 'gull-ible' as lockdown lifting could see birds' return