Can Harry Kane and team mates copy these Great Yarmouth children?
- Credit: Archant
As World Cup fever continues to grip the nation Great Yarmouth school children are celebrating an early goal scoring success.
Northgate Primary School has won a football tournament that involved four other schools from the town.
The competition was made up of Year 3 and 4 pupils and was hotly contested.
Sarah Young, deputy headteacher at Northgate Primary School, said: “We competed in a football tournament with five other local schools and came first.
Children from Years 3 and 4 made up the teams. They all worked hard and the matches were fairly played.
You may also want to watch:
“All the children thoroughly enjoyed themselves and found it a worthwhile experience. Well done to all the children from North Denes, Alderman Swindell, St Georges, St Nicholas Priory and Great Yarmouth Primary Academy that competed in the tournament as well.”
- 1 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 2 Spiking in Great Yarmouth club last weekend
- 3 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 4 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 5 Potters Resort expands into Essex after acquiring new site
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 7 'Road to nowhere' after erosion streak at Winterton
- 8 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 9 No further action over arson and fraud allegation at care home
- 10 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified