Can Harry Kane and team mates copy these Great Yarmouth children?
- Credit: Archant
As World Cup fever continues to grip the nation Great Yarmouth school children are celebrating an early goal scoring success.
Northgate Primary School has won a football tournament that involved four other schools from the town.
The competition was made up of Year 3 and 4 pupils and was hotly contested.
Sarah Young, deputy headteacher at Northgate Primary School, said: “We competed in a football tournament with five other local schools and came first.
Children from Years 3 and 4 made up the teams. They all worked hard and the matches were fairly played.
You may also want to watch:
“All the children thoroughly enjoyed themselves and found it a worthwhile experience. Well done to all the children from North Denes, Alderman Swindell, St Georges, St Nicholas Priory and Great Yarmouth Primary Academy that competed in the tournament as well.”
- 1 Barber seeks sender of anonymous gift to say 'thank you'
- 2 Historic seaside pub reveals £60,000 B&B rooms
- 3 Towering garden tipi proves a hit with al fresco drinkers
- 4 Third Subway looks set to open in town
- 5 Vandals force knitters to remove 22 yarn bombs from village
- 6 Bid for 10,000 names on Acle Straight petition
- 7 Guided Great Yarmouth walks aiming to improve mental wellbeing
- 8 National pizza chain eyes high street beauty salon
- 9 Parish councillor resigns after claims of 'rude and offensive' emails
- 10 'We'll survive' - Town market traders hopeful as £5.3m work begins