Can Harry Kane and team mates copy these Great Yarmouth children?
- Credit: Archant
As World Cup fever continues to grip the nation Great Yarmouth school children are celebrating an early goal scoring success.
Northgate Primary School has won a football tournament that involved four other schools from the town.
The competition was made up of Year 3 and 4 pupils and was hotly contested.
Sarah Young, deputy headteacher at Northgate Primary School, said: “We competed in a football tournament with five other local schools and came first.
Children from Years 3 and 4 made up the teams. They all worked hard and the matches were fairly played.
You may also want to watch:
“All the children thoroughly enjoyed themselves and found it a worthwhile experience. Well done to all the children from North Denes, Alderman Swindell, St Georges, St Nicholas Priory and Great Yarmouth Primary Academy that competed in the tournament as well.”
- 1 Man 'helping police with inquiries' in search for missing woman
- 2 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 3 Police seal in place at home of missing vulnerable 83-year-old
- 4 Lifeguard, 18, saves teenager from drowning in first days on job
- 5 Man arrested for murder of still missing 83-year-old
- 6 Euro 2020 crowds blamed for Gorleston Covid spike
- 7 Rooms with a view? See two new hotel suites costing £120,000
- 8 Almost two dozen arrests on first Saturday after nightclubs open
- 9 Dismay at appeal ruling on homes bid for site of former registry office
- 10 Perfect plaices? Three fish and chip firms go up for sale