East Norfolk student wins international art prize
- Credit: Archant
A photography student at East Norfolk Sixth Form College has seen her work scoop a prestigious art prize.
Three students at EN, Hannah Hayward, Harvey Hubbard and Lewis Crickmore, all saw their entries make it through to the final judging panel.
The Norwich University of the Arts (NUA) ‘Beyond the Frame’ competition is an annual international contest for young creatives who study photography.
Due to the coronavirus lockdown, the planned exhibition of the finalists’ work was unable to take place and the winners were announced via the NUA Instagram and YouTube channels on April 20.
Hannah Hayward, whose work was selected for the Judges Choice Award, said: “I’m incredibly grateful for my photo to be awarded a judge’s choice. The comments James Smith, Photography Course Leader at NUA, made about my work were extremely kind and confirms the growth I’ve made as a photographer at East Norfolk. I hope to continue creating work I can be proud of in my third year.”
You may also want to watch:
Photography Tutor at EN, Erin Patel, said: ‘The standard of submitted images this year was incredibly high and I couldn’t be happier for Hannah and to see her image-making move from strength to strength.”
- 1 From rock n roll to full throttle - Norfolk woman joins motor sport
- 2 'Something really fresh for Great Yarmouth' - Empire ready to re-open
- 3 Police sniffer dogs join search for missing woman
- 4 Woman felt her life was 'destroyed' after rape by two men, court hears
- 5 Public urged to check outbuildings as fears grow for missing woman
- 6 Forensic officers back as hunt for missing Patricia Holland in fifth day
- 7 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 8 Man seriously injured after crash on A149
- 9 Family ‘desperately worried’ for grandmother missing for five days
- 10 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline