Great Yarmouth primary school hailed in Parliamentary Review as ‘a wonderful place’
The turnaround performance of a Great Yarmouth primary school has been hailed in The Parliamentary Review as an example of “best practice” other schools can learn from.
The publication which describes itself as “an indispensable guide to industry best practice” focuses on improvements at North Denes Primary School under the leadership of Debbie Whiting.
MORE: School celebrating ‘good’ rating in recent Ofsted reportIn the article she describes the school’s rapid journey from Ofsted’s lowest ranking category to “good.”
Especially pleasing was the performance of children from “hard to reach” families she said, with a wellbeing team producing “happier children with better attendance.”
She said: “We are very proud of the fact in 2017 our pupil premium children made better progress than “other” children nationally.”
The school is being replaced with a £7.5m new-build school due to open in 2020.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Whiting added: “Our school is a wonderful place to work and we make a difference every day.”
- 1 New escape room to open in Great Yarmouth
- 2 Four fish and chip shops listed among the best in the country
- 3 Woman's appeal against condition on pub conversion rejected
- 4 Hotel and restaurant for sale for £150,000 less two years on
- 5 Fake £50 notes used to buy items on Facebook
- 6 Extra police as pub gardens opening could coincide with Canaries promotion
- 7 Watch our virtual tour of Pleasure Beach's new Snails and Fairytales ride
- 8 Council to splash out £1.9m on Great Yarmouth town centre
- 9 Delivery driver fined for 'flagrant' seafront stunt caught on CCTV
- 10 New surface planned for 'muddy' track popular with walkers