Great Yarmouth primary school hailed in Parliamentary Review as ‘a wonderful place’
The turnaround performance of a Great Yarmouth primary school has been hailed in The Parliamentary Review as an example of “best practice” other schools can learn from.
The publication which describes itself as “an indispensable guide to industry best practice” focuses on improvements at North Denes Primary School under the leadership of Debbie Whiting.
MORE: School celebrating ‘good’ rating in recent Ofsted reportIn the article she describes the school’s rapid journey from Ofsted’s lowest ranking category to “good.”
Especially pleasing was the performance of children from “hard to reach” families she said, with a wellbeing team producing “happier children with better attendance.”
She said: “We are very proud of the fact in 2017 our pupil premium children made better progress than “other” children nationally.”
The school is being replaced with a £7.5m new-build school due to open in 2020.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Whiting added: “Our school is a wonderful place to work and we make a difference every day.”
- 1 Beach and dunes depleted by 'massive forces' as high tides hit
- 2 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 3 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 4 Construction of £26m Marina Centre to begin in coming weeks
- 5 'Give it back' - Man's plea after his moped is stolen
- 6 Road closed for two days for resurfacing
- 7 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 8 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 9 'The most difficult one yet' - Knitting queen displays her latest creation
- 10 Warning about ‘you’re wanted for arrest’ cold call tax scam