Read on about new Peterhouse cafe
PETERHOUSE Primary School pupils and parents are enjoying a flourishing Reading Cafe.
The cafe takes place each Wednesday afternoon from 3 to 4pm.
At the moment the cafe is aimed at key stage one children, their parents and any sisters or brothers who wish to attend. After half term the cafe will be aimed at the Key stage two pupils.
The cafe is a place where parents get together to work with their children on fun activities based around a book. A particularly great session was based on a book about hats.
Tracey Doerr, the parent support adviser, who runs the cafe, managed to borrow a great selection of hats from the local Banardo’s shop. The children loved trying them on. Many thanks to Barnardo’s for their kindness. The children then designed their own hats with their parent or carer.
You may also want to watch:
As well as helping the children develop their reading skills the cafe is great fun and a good place to work with your child in a friendly, supported way. Any Peterhouse parents reading this do come and join us.
- 1 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 2 Killer shrimp 'no-fishing' barriers torn down by vandals in the Broads
- 3 'One of a kind' home with golf simulator and gym is for sale for £795,000
- 4 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 5 Myleene Klass reveals heartbreak of miscarriage while on live radio
- 6 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 7 The areas of Norfolk where Covid cases are now falling
- 8 Risk of flooding after parts of Norfolk see 8cm of snow
- 9 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting