Read on about new Peterhouse cafe
PETERHOUSE Primary School pupils and parents are enjoying a flourishing Reading Cafe.
The cafe takes place each Wednesday afternoon from 3 to 4pm.
At the moment the cafe is aimed at key stage one children, their parents and any sisters or brothers who wish to attend. After half term the cafe will be aimed at the Key stage two pupils.
The cafe is a place where parents get together to work with their children on fun activities based around a book. A particularly great session was based on a book about hats.
Tracey Doerr, the parent support adviser, who runs the cafe, managed to borrow a great selection of hats from the local Banardo’s shop. The children loved trying them on. Many thanks to Barnardo’s for their kindness. The children then designed their own hats with their parent or carer.
You may also want to watch:
As well as helping the children develop their reading skills the cafe is great fun and a good place to work with your child in a friendly, supported way. Any Peterhouse parents reading this do come and join us.
- 1 Four fish and chip shops listed among the best in the country
- 2 Man staged his own kidnap to get ransom from his family
- 3 Watch our virtual tour of Pleasure Beach's new Snails and Fairytales ride
- 4 Delivery driver fined for 'flagrant' seafront stunt caught on CCTV
- 5 Council to splash out £1.9m on Great Yarmouth town centre
- 6 Trio from Great Yarmouth charged with Norwich betting shop robbery
- 7 'We're going to be rammed' - pubs bracing for weekend revelry
- 8 New surface planned for 'muddy' track popular with walkers
- 9 Deliveroo to launch in Great Yarmouth with 45 restaurants signed up
- 10 Asda says redundancy 'last option' for bakery staff