Read on about new Peterhouse cafe
PETERHOUSE Primary School pupils and parents are enjoying a flourishing Reading Cafe.
The cafe takes place each Wednesday afternoon from 3 to 4pm.
At the moment the cafe is aimed at key stage one children, their parents and any sisters or brothers who wish to attend. After half term the cafe will be aimed at the Key stage two pupils.
The cafe is a place where parents get together to work with their children on fun activities based around a book. A particularly great session was based on a book about hats.
Tracey Doerr, the parent support adviser, who runs the cafe, managed to borrow a great selection of hats from the local Banardo’s shop. The children loved trying them on. Many thanks to Barnardo’s for their kindness. The children then designed their own hats with their parent or carer.
You may also want to watch:
As well as helping the children develop their reading skills the cafe is great fun and a good place to work with your child in a friendly, supported way. Any Peterhouse parents reading this do come and join us.
- 1 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 2 A47 closed due to two-car crash at Acle straight
- 3 Family devastated after death of much-loved and well-known horse
- 4 New Banksy-style mural adds to town's crop of street art
- 5 Acrobats and falcons wow crowds at the Out There Festival
- 6 Inquest begins into death of decorator who died at home
- 7 Historic pub poised for mini-market use bringing 20 jobs
- 8 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 9 Do you recognise this man?
- 10 'It's a big pain' - Third river crossing work leaves businessman frustrated