Selfie props help high school students get into character
- Credit: Lynn Grove Academy
Selfie props helped students to get into character for World Book Day at Lynn Grove Academy.
The Gorleston high school’s library staged a variety of activities to encourage and inspire reading.
Some English reading classes were able to join in with a photo booth of book characters, have a talk with the owl handlers from Fritton Owl Sanctuary, take part in a Mad Hatter’s tea party and doodle at the Imagination Station.
During break and lunch time, the young ones were invited to have fun and games in the library, helped by cakes.
A theme of discovery was chosen to help children find their way to non-fiction and classic tales like Alice in Wonderland - the library stairs becoming a rabbit hole entrance to a tea party.
You may also want to watch:
The Imagination Station was a place for pupils to discover illustration and they were able to create their own book token (and enter the World Book Day competition) or do some colouring in of one of Liz Pichon’s (author of Tom Gates’ books) illustrations.
Mrs Bowles said: “We are looking forward to our next event which is a visit from a World Slam Champion, poet Harry Baker, on March 16. We are also currently running our Easter Competition, Create a Cracking Egg Pun.”
- 1 Woman's third bid to have guesthouse converted into HMO rejected
- 2 Beach and dunes depleted by 'massive forces' as high tides hit
- 3 'We will have to work at it' - mixed reaction as Great Yarmouth in tier 2
- 4 'I think it's pretty fair' - Great Yarmouth people react to Tier 2 announcement
- 5 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 6 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 7 Construction of £26m Marina Centre to begin in coming weeks
- 8 'I gave it a good run': Postmistress of 27 years retires due to Covid
- 9 'Give it back' - Man's plea after his moped is stolen
- 10 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
Have you got a story for our Young Ones section? Email firstname.lastname@example.org