Thumbs up for Great Yarmouth College
LEARNERS and employers were pleased with the service they received at Great Yarmouth College, awarding it high marks in a user survey.
More than 1300 learners and 127 employers were questioned on their experiences with across-the-board services of the college in an on-line survey.It scored 8.2 out of 10 from the 1345 learners who filled in a nine-question survey for 2009-10 and 8 out of 10 from the employers.
Great Yarmouth’s results were higher than other local colleges listed on the Skills Funding Agency website in the Framework for Excellence measures and on a par with the College of West Anglia, ranked in the top 10p of colleges in the country.
Great Yarmouth improved on its previous year’s learner view score of 8 to 8.2.
Learners answered nine questions by scoring from 1-10 with 10 the highest.
You may also want to watch:
Among other things, they were asked about the information and help they received to choose their course, the quality of the teaching, the respect they received from staff and the advice were offered for the future.
Richard Dade, performance analyst for the college’s Centre for Performance Improvement, said college scores were listed on the SFA’s website with a facility to compare with any other college in the country.
- 1 Emergency services dealing with incident at inflatable on beach
- 2 Our verdict on the new Giant Wheel on Great Yarmouth seafront
- 3 Plea to find family of 38-year-old Great Yarmouth man
- 4 The Last Post - knitted tribute to Prince Philip pops up in village
- 5 Lockdown easing brings joy, smiles and hope on Great Yarmouth's Regent Road
- 6 Landmark seaside hotel serves 100 by midday as lockdown eases
- 7 Cosmetic clinic's waiting list grows as clients want pre-lockdown looks
- 8 Eight pints pulled in first three minutes as pub's 'happy hour' returns
- 9 Two men jailed for stealing 'laughing gas' from hospital
- 10 Public toilets in Hemsby reopen after £23,000 revamp
“Great Yarmouth College comes out highly against other local colleges and its learner score is the same as other colleges of its size across the country. Its employer score is slightly up on the national average.”