Thumbs up for Great Yarmouth College
LEARNERS and employers were pleased with the service they received at Great Yarmouth College, awarding it high marks in a user survey.
More than 1300 learners and 127 employers were questioned on their experiences with across-the-board services of the college in an on-line survey.It scored 8.2 out of 10 from the 1345 learners who filled in a nine-question survey for 2009-10 and 8 out of 10 from the employers.
Great Yarmouth’s results were higher than other local colleges listed on the Skills Funding Agency website in the Framework for Excellence measures and on a par with the College of West Anglia, ranked in the top 10p of colleges in the country.
Great Yarmouth improved on its previous year’s learner view score of 8 to 8.2.
Learners answered nine questions by scoring from 1-10 with 10 the highest.
You may also want to watch:
Among other things, they were asked about the information and help they received to choose their course, the quality of the teaching, the respect they received from staff and the advice were offered for the future.
Richard Dade, performance analyst for the college’s Centre for Performance Improvement, said college scores were listed on the SFA’s website with a facility to compare with any other college in the country.
- 1 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 2 Police searching for Patricia Holland believe her to be dead
- 3 'Something really fresh for Great Yarmouth' - Empire ready to re-open
- 4 Appeal to find missing man from London last seen at Norfolk campsite
- 5 7 big projects in Great Yarmouth and when they are happening
- 6 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 7 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 8 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 9 Coastguard joins search for missing London man last seen in Norfolk
- 10 Pleasure Beach's tropical event ready to launch - and free macs if it rains
“Great Yarmouth College comes out highly against other local colleges and its learner score is the same as other colleges of its size across the country. Its employer score is slightly up on the national average.”