Thumbs up for Great Yarmouth College
LEARNERS and employers were pleased with the service they received at Great Yarmouth College, awarding it high marks in a user survey.
More than 1300 learners and 127 employers were questioned on their experiences with across-the-board services of the college in an on-line survey.It scored 8.2 out of 10 from the 1345 learners who filled in a nine-question survey for 2009-10 and 8 out of 10 from the employers.
Great Yarmouth’s results were higher than other local colleges listed on the Skills Funding Agency website in the Framework for Excellence measures and on a par with the College of West Anglia, ranked in the top 10p of colleges in the country.
Great Yarmouth improved on its previous year’s learner view score of 8 to 8.2.
Learners answered nine questions by scoring from 1-10 with 10 the highest.
You may also want to watch:
Among other things, they were asked about the information and help they received to choose their course, the quality of the teaching, the respect they received from staff and the advice were offered for the future.
Richard Dade, performance analyst for the college’s Centre for Performance Improvement, said college scores were listed on the SFA’s website with a facility to compare with any other college in the country.
- 1 Petrol attack shopkeeper opens spice shop and restaurant in former pub
- 2 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 3 Work on Great Yarmouth's Third River Crossing 'progressing well'
- 4 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 5 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 6 Fire on the water bursts into life on Yarmouth seafront
- 7 Thrilling Fire on the Water show to light up Yarmouth
- 8 Too early? Family put up Christmas lights... in October
- 9 Picturesque path stays closed to dog owners after consultation
- 10 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
“Great Yarmouth College comes out highly against other local colleges and its learner score is the same as other colleges of its size across the country. Its employer score is slightly up on the national average.”