Trafalgar College pupils devise awards programme
- Credit: Archant
Students at Great Yarmouth’s new high school have held their first awards’ assembly - with an awards programme they helped devise.
Trafalgar College opened in September and in the first week of term the inaugural Year 7 intake came up with their own awards’ scheme, based on the word “aspire”.
With six categories - achieve, self motivation, positivity, independence, respect, and engagement - the students came up with their own definitions of what it means to succeed, with progress tracked using an online system available to pupils, parents, and staff.
Posters in every classroom help remind the young ones of the goals.
During the awards’ assembly students were presented with badges based on maritime signal flags, with the letter matching the awards’ category they have done best in.
You may also want to watch:
“Being a new school gives us the chance to do things differently, and gives our students the chance to really make a difference to their surroundings,” said vice principal Colin Goffin.
“Our first set of students, and those now applying to join us in September 2017 are real pioneers, and will help shape the school for the future.”
- 1 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 2 Spiking in Great Yarmouth club last weekend
- 3 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 4 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 5 Potters Resort expands into Essex after acquiring new site
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 7 'Road to nowhere' after erosion streak at Winterton
- 8 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 9 No further action over arson and fraud allegation at care home
- 10 How Great Yarmouth are you? Take our quiz to find out