Trafalgar pupils show their singing prowess
- Credit: Trafalgar College
Children from Great Yarmouth schools got the festive season off to a start with two carol concerts in the atmospheric Hippodrome.
Choirs from Trafalgar College and Stradbroke Primary Academy took part in the Great Yarmouth Schools’ Music Association Festival of Carols on November 29 and 30.
The annual event brought over 300 students from schools around the area to sing festive favourites in the iconic 113-year-old venue.
Proud parents and family members were in the audience as the choirs of the young ones performed a selection of traditional carols and modern seasonal tunes.
Trafalgar College student Finn Alderman opened the Tuesday show on with a solo of Once In Royal David’s City.
Each school choir then performed a selection of songs, before they joined voices for classics including Away In A Manger, Last Christmas, and Winter Wonderland.
- 1 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 2 'The right thing to do' - Great Yarmouth people respond to new restrictions
- 3 'They make people smile': Mural painted on to town's purple parrot house
- 4 Man arrested in connection with sexual assault of girl released on bail
- 5 Christmas cheer despite Storm Arwen at Christmas market
- 6 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 7 'Great to be back' - Big crowd at Great Yarmouth Christmas lights switch on
- 8 Staffing issues prompts Yarmouth vaccine centre to cancel walk-ins
- 9 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school