Trafalgar pupils show their singing prowess
- Credit: Trafalgar College
Children from Great Yarmouth schools got the festive season off to a start with two carol concerts in the atmospheric Hippodrome.
Choirs from Trafalgar College and Stradbroke Primary Academy took part in the Great Yarmouth Schools’ Music Association Festival of Carols on November 29 and 30.
The annual event brought over 300 students from schools around the area to sing festive favourites in the iconic 113-year-old venue.
Proud parents and family members were in the audience as the choirs of the young ones performed a selection of traditional carols and modern seasonal tunes.
Trafalgar College student Finn Alderman opened the Tuesday show on with a solo of Once In Royal David’s City.
You may also want to watch:
Each school choir then performed a selection of songs, before they joined voices for classics including Away In A Manger, Last Christmas, and Winter Wonderland.
- 1 Weekly fireworks making 'spectacular' return to seafront
- 2 Gas worker on meter round stumbles on cannabis factory with 90 plants
- 3 Motorcyclist in hospital with serious injuries after crash
- 4 Live music returning to Great Yarmouth seafront
- 5 Free 'interview haircuts' for jobseekers in coastal town
- 6 Bid for grocery store in end-of-terrace house
- 7 Traders look back on devastating Great Yarmouth fire
- 8 Appeal to find missing man from Gorleston
- 9 Jailed in July: Drug dealing, knife crime and manslaughter
- 10 TV presenter Stephen Mulhern spotted filming pop-up game show in Yarmouth