Trafalgar pupils show their singing prowess
- Credit: Trafalgar College
Children from Great Yarmouth schools got the festive season off to a start with two carol concerts in the atmospheric Hippodrome.
Choirs from Trafalgar College and Stradbroke Primary Academy took part in the Great Yarmouth Schools’ Music Association Festival of Carols on November 29 and 30.
The annual event brought over 300 students from schools around the area to sing festive favourites in the iconic 113-year-old venue.
Proud parents and family members were in the audience as the choirs of the young ones performed a selection of traditional carols and modern seasonal tunes.
Trafalgar College student Finn Alderman opened the Tuesday show on with a solo of Once In Royal David’s City.
You may also want to watch:
Each school choir then performed a selection of songs, before they joined voices for classics including Away In A Manger, Last Christmas, and Winter Wonderland.
- 1 Projects to restore axed rail routes get £794m boost
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Fire breaks out at care home in the Broads
- 4 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 5 Son's concern as Covid hospital patient, 85, moved seven times in two weeks
- 6 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront
- 7 Businesses shut by lockdown to get one-off payment of up to £9,000
- 8 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 9 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 10 Pressure grows for fixed date for schools to re-open