Trafalgar pupils show their singing prowess
- Credit: Trafalgar College
Children from Great Yarmouth schools got the festive season off to a start with two carol concerts in the atmospheric Hippodrome.
Choirs from Trafalgar College and Stradbroke Primary Academy took part in the Great Yarmouth Schools’ Music Association Festival of Carols on November 29 and 30.
The annual event brought over 300 students from schools around the area to sing festive favourites in the iconic 113-year-old venue.
Proud parents and family members were in the audience as the choirs of the young ones performed a selection of traditional carols and modern seasonal tunes.
Trafalgar College student Finn Alderman opened the Tuesday show on with a solo of Once In Royal David’s City.
You may also want to watch:
Each school choir then performed a selection of songs, before they joined voices for classics including Away In A Manger, Last Christmas, and Winter Wonderland.
- 1 Emergency services dealing with incident at inflatable on beach
- 2 Our verdict on the new Giant Wheel on Great Yarmouth seafront
- 3 Plea to find family of 38-year-old Great Yarmouth man
- 4 The Last Post - knitted tribute to Prince Philip pops up in village
- 5 Lockdown easing brings joy, smiles and hope on Great Yarmouth's Regent Road
- 6 Landmark seaside hotel serves 100 by midday as lockdown eases
- 7 Cosmetic clinic's waiting list grows as clients want pre-lockdown looks
- 8 Eight pints pulled in first three minutes as pub's 'happy hour' returns
- 9 Two men jailed for stealing 'laughing gas' from hospital
- 10 Public toilets in Hemsby reopen after £23,000 revamp