Student wins £1,000 for receiving top marks on course
- Credit: Archant
A student is celebrating after being recognised for his academic achievements.
Ryan Thomson, 25, has been awarded the Honorary Award for the Highest Academic Performance on the Brand Leadership masters’ degree at the University of East Anglia (UEA).
Mr Thomson, a former Cliff Park pupil who grew up in Lister Close, Gorleston, received a high distinction in all of his modules and dissertation, which focussed on how brands should create, implement and measure social movements.
He received a cash prize of £1,000 alongside his accolade.
Director of brand leadership at the UEA Peter Schmidt-Hansen said Ryan was a brilliant student who took his studies seriously, always with a smile.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “With boundless energy he threw himself into all aspects of his course whether class discussions, project work with companies or assignments. He’ll go on to great things and is bound to make a difference.”
- 1 Woman's appeal against condition on pub conversion rejected
- 2 7 things you may have missed in Great Yarmouth since lockdown
- 3 Fight back against plans for supermarket 'in wrong place' on A47
- 4 Police on scene in village 'just in case' as person taken to hospital
- 5 Hotel and restaurant for sale for £150,000 less two years on
- 6 A47 closed after crash as oil and debris cleared up
- 7 Hunt for silver VW Golf after man seriously injured in hit-and-run
- 8 New escape room to open in Great Yarmouth
- 9 'They're so good' - Couple shielding for year praise 'lifeline' charity
- 10 Fake £50 notes used to buy items on Facebook