Yarmouth college praised over plumbing course
TRAINING needs of plumbing students at Great Yarmouth College are being met and tutor assessments meet national standards, according to external verifiers who visited the college.
Officials from the City and Guilds qualifications body inspected lecturers and students in the college’s plumbing workshops in the purpose-built School for Construction and Manufacturing Technologies, the Kier Building, and gave them a clean bill of health.
Trainees were being assessed to national standards, they said, and left the teaching team with no action points.
Course leader Neville Atkinson said: “It is a great thing to hear from City and Guilds that they are happy with what we are doing. These are the qualifications needed in the industry and we are delivering them to a good standard in the eyes of the experts.
“We had no action points from them which means we are doing our jobs for our students and students are getting the skill and qualifications delivered at a national level.”
You may also want to watch:
External verifiers spoke to level 2 and 3 students and staff in the new workshops and recorded that the students were happy on their course and with the support they received and said the centre’s quality assurance policies and procedures were well documented.
Workshop resources were “very good” and the workshop was “well planned” with a high quality of resources.” Staff and candidates have a “good working ethic.”
- 1 From rock n roll to full throttle - Norfolk woman joins motor sport
- 2 'Something really fresh for Great Yarmouth' - Empire ready to re-open
- 3 Police sniffer dogs join search for missing woman
- 4 Woman felt her life was 'destroyed' after rape by two men, court hears
- 5 Public urged to check outbuildings as fears grow for missing woman
- 6 Forensic officers back as hunt for missing Patricia Holland in fifth day
- 7 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 8 Man seriously injured after crash on A149
- 9 Family ‘desperately worried’ for grandmother missing for five days
- 10 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
The verifiers found high standards of practical work with good feedback.