Yarmouth college praised over plumbing course
TRAINING needs of plumbing students at Great Yarmouth College are being met and tutor assessments meet national standards, according to external verifiers who visited the college.
Officials from the City and Guilds qualifications body inspected lecturers and students in the college’s plumbing workshops in the purpose-built School for Construction and Manufacturing Technologies, the Kier Building, and gave them a clean bill of health.
Trainees were being assessed to national standards, they said, and left the teaching team with no action points.
Course leader Neville Atkinson said: “It is a great thing to hear from City and Guilds that they are happy with what we are doing. These are the qualifications needed in the industry and we are delivering them to a good standard in the eyes of the experts.
“We had no action points from them which means we are doing our jobs for our students and students are getting the skill and qualifications delivered at a national level.”
You may also want to watch:
External verifiers spoke to level 2 and 3 students and staff in the new workshops and recorded that the students were happy on their course and with the support they received and said the centre’s quality assurance policies and procedures were well documented.
Workshop resources were “very good” and the workshop was “well planned” with a high quality of resources.” Staff and candidates have a “good working ethic.”
- 1 Delivery driver fined for 'flagrant' seafront stunt caught on CCTV
- 2 Man staged his own kidnap to get ransom from his family
- 3 Drugs factory worker who hid cash under bed must pay back £42k
- 4 'We're going to be rammed' - pubs bracing for weekend revelry
- 5 Plea to find family of 38-year-old Great Yarmouth man
- 6 New surface planned for 'muddy' track popular with walkers
- 7 Emergency services dealing with incident at inflatable on beach
- 8 Our verdict on the new Giant Wheel on Great Yarmouth seafront
- 9 Charity shops see record sales and donations after reopening
- 10 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
The verifiers found high standards of practical work with good feedback.