Yarmouth college praised over plumbing course
TRAINING needs of plumbing students at Great Yarmouth College are being met and tutor assessments meet national standards, according to external verifiers who visited the college.
Officials from the City and Guilds qualifications body inspected lecturers and students in the college’s plumbing workshops in the purpose-built School for Construction and Manufacturing Technologies, the Kier Building, and gave them a clean bill of health.
Trainees were being assessed to national standards, they said, and left the teaching team with no action points.
Course leader Neville Atkinson said: “It is a great thing to hear from City and Guilds that they are happy with what we are doing. These are the qualifications needed in the industry and we are delivering them to a good standard in the eyes of the experts.
“We had no action points from them which means we are doing our jobs for our students and students are getting the skill and qualifications delivered at a national level.”
You may also want to watch:
External verifiers spoke to level 2 and 3 students and staff in the new workshops and recorded that the students were happy on their course and with the support they received and said the centre’s quality assurance policies and procedures were well documented.
Workshop resources were “very good” and the workshop was “well planned” with a high quality of resources.” Staff and candidates have a “good working ethic.”
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Thrilling Fire on the Water show to light up Yarmouth
- 3 Spectacular show to light up Great Yarmouth's Venetian Waterways
- 4 One person left with serious injuries after Yarmouth crash
- 5 Police appeal after motorcyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 6 Burglars make off with bird equipment after Great Yarmouth break in
- 7 Councillors in coastal village vow to fight 665 homes bid
- 8 Meet the Yarmouth firm on tonight's Grand Designs
- 9 Hope steps seen in Danny Boyle's Yesterday will get much-needed repairs
- 10 Dog prices stay high after lockdown boom, buyers say
The verifiers found high standards of practical work with good feedback.