Young and old come together to share food and sweets for Diwali
- Credit: Jenny Ewing
The young ones from Sara and Jenny’s Childminding Services enjoyed a Diwali extravaganza during the half term holiday joining in with the five day festival of light celebrated by Hindus.
The day began with dressing up and practising some cultural dances.
Then it was time to head to Planet Spice in Ormesby to meet up with some of the staff and residents from Ealing House in Martham for a special Diwali meal, making a party of 26 in total.
Organisers said everyone enjoyed choosing their meals and the kind hospitality of the staff adding it was a “lovely social time watching everybody enjoy each others company.”
Between courses the children provided the entertainment by showing off their dancing skills.
You may also want to watch:
For dessert everyone enjoyed some specially made sweets kindly provided by one of the grandparents - the sharing of which is feature of the festival.
- 1 New escape room to open in Great Yarmouth
- 2 Four fish and chip shops listed among the best in the country
- 3 Woman's appeal against condition on pub conversion rejected
- 4 Hotel and restaurant for sale for £150,000 less two years on
- 5 Fake £50 notes used to buy items on Facebook
- 6 Extra police as pub gardens opening could coincide with Canaries promotion
- 7 Watch our virtual tour of Pleasure Beach's new Snails and Fairytales ride
- 8 Council to splash out £1.9m on Great Yarmouth town centre
- 9 Delivery driver fined for 'flagrant' seafront stunt caught on CCTV
- 10 New surface planned for 'muddy' track popular with walkers