Eight jobs go when D2 Jeans closes
ALL eight staff members look set to lose their jobs when the Great Yarmouth branch of the D2 Jeans store shuts next week.However, bosses at the retail chain are looking for an alternative location in the town for the Market Gates Shopping Centre outlet.
ALL eight staff members look set to lose their jobs when the Great Yarmouth branch of the D2 Jeans store shuts next week.
However, bosses at the retail chain are looking for an alternative location in the town for the Market Gates Shopping Centre outlet.
The Scottish-owned fashion chain went into administration in December before being taken over in a management buyout the following month.
A total of 55 of the 76 stores across the country are set to remain trading following the rescue deal.
A spokesman said: “The store was profitable and we wanted to keep it open, but the lease has been surrendered. We are looking for another suitable site in Yarmouth and are in discussions with staff about the situation.”
Market Gates centre manager Nick Spencer revealed earlier this month that a mystery retailer is set to move into the store - which is in a prime location facing the Market Place.
- 1 'Well-respected' tattoo artist died at home after taking cocaine
- 2 Car flips on to roof in three-vehicle crash in Yarmouth
- 3 Free open top bus tours to show off Great Yarmouth's seafront
- 4 Six ways Yarmouth wants to solve its housing crisis and 'compete with Norwich'
- 5 Sammy, 6, finds 'once-in-a-lifetime' rare fossil on beach
- 6 Bid to extend life of quarry in Broads' village to 85 years
- 7 Former Game store earmarked as enterprise hub
- 8 Alcohol seized during police town centre community patrols
- 9 Port boss disappointed over cruise ship non-docking
- 10 Man died on 50th birthday at Norfolk coastal campsite
He said: “A deal is imminent and we expect the contract to be signed by the end of the week. Aura Jewellery and Gimme Gizmo novelty store have both started trading in the centre in the last few days and we are expected to announce another store opening soon.”