Search

Elderly person rescued

PUBLISHED: 09:35 27 October 2008 | UPDATED: 12:06 03 July 2010

AN ELDERLY person was rescued from a house in Yarmouth after suffering with smoke inhalation when a fire broke out in a pile of rubbish on Saturday.

Fire crews were called out to Eden Place off Northgate Street at 8.

AN ELDERLY person was rescued from a house in Yarmouth after suffering with smoke inhalation when a fire broke out in a pile of rubbish.

Fire crews were called out to Eden Place off Northgate Street at 8.30pm on Saturday after a fire which started in the rubbish outside spread to a derelict building. Smoke from the building then spread into the victim's home.

Police were called to the incident, after fire crews reported that the fire had started in suspicious circumstances.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Great Yarmouth Mercury. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Great Yarmouth Mercury