Elderly person rescued

AN ELDERLY person was rescued from a house in Yarmouth after suffering with smoke inhalation when a fire broke out in a pile of rubbish on Saturday. Fire crews were called out to Eden Place off Northgate Street at 8.

AN ELDERLY person was rescued from a house in Yarmouth after suffering with smoke inhalation when a fire broke out in a pile of rubbish.

Fire crews were called out to Eden Place off Northgate Street at 8.30pm on Saturday after a fire which started in the rubbish outside spread to a derelict building. Smoke from the building then spread into the victim's home.

Police were called to the incident, after fire crews reported that the fire had started in suspicious circumstances.