Ellie the elephant is back in Yarmouth
ELLIE the elephant has packed her trunk and said goodbye to Norwich to take up residence again in Great Yarmouth.The fibreglass replica of a baby elephant took pride of place on display in the window of GYFM radio in the town's Victoria Arcade earlier this year before spending the summer at Norwich Playhouse.
ELLIE the elephant has packed her trunk and said goodbye to Norwich to take up residence again in Great Yarmouth.
The fibreglass replica of a baby elephant took pride of place on display in the window of GYFM radio in the town's Victoria Arcade earlier this year before spending the summer at Norwich Playhouse.
Known as Ellie Memory, the elephant was dressed by young women at local friendly society GFS Platform working with SeaChange Arts' creative learning officer Corrina Giles.
The elephant was clad in a handmade felt costume of vibrant colours.
Ellie will be in Victoria Arcade until November 3 before moving to her permanent home - poolside at the Marina Centre.
Corrina said: “SeaChange Arts was one of just a handful of organisations outside Norwich to successfully apply to be part of Go Elephants!
- 1 Inquest held into death of Gorleston man aged 32
- 2 Palmers: What is the plan, and when will it be finished?
- 3 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
- 4 Fly-tipping mattresses costs mother and son over £1,000
- 5 Four fire crews tackle flat blaze in Great Yarmouth
- 6 Which Great Yarmouth roads are holding Jubilee parties
- 7 Former nurse died while on holiday on Norfolk coast
- 8 Broads' tragedy: Laura Perry inquest adjourned until end of year
- 9 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 10 Roadworks to be aware of in and around Great Yarmouth this week
“Our elephant wasn't sold in the October auction because The Forum Trust, SeaChange, the borough council and the local community would enjoy seeing Ellie return home. She brought so much enjoyment to those involved and those who had the opportunity to see her.”