Fire crews tackle large barn blaze
- Credit: Danielle Booden
Eight fire crews tackled a large blaze in a barn at Burgh Castle, near Great Yarmouth.
Local people have been asked to keep doors and windows closed and avoid the area of the barn in Mill Road.
Fire crews from Norfolk and Suffolk received the call at 6.21pm on Friday.
Crews used breathing apparatus and defensive tactics as cylinders were near to the fire.
Once the cylinders were removed from the area, they began scaling down the blaze.
Flames can no longer be seen.
Police are on scene to aid with road closures, and have closed Mill Road.
- 1 7 famous faces with Great Yarmouth links
- 2 Town road works extended due to depression in road surface
- 3 Care home says changes have been made after damning inspection report
- 4 Man killed 96-year-old bystander in road rage crash
- 5 Everything you need to know ahead of Great Yarmouth Wheels Festival
- 6 Hotel with 'excellent reputation' up for sale as owner retires
- 7 Great Yarmouth resident calls for larger bins in borough beauty spot
- 8 'A slow down' - Estate agent says housing supply is hitting market
- 9 Watch: Boy, 7, spars with Tyson Fury during Norfolk visit
- 10 Marine company feeling buoyant after securing pilot launch contract
Appliances from Suffolk Fire and Rescue have left the scene, but those from Norfolk remain.
The continued to dampen down the blaze as of Saturday morning.
Eight pumps from Norfolk attended the blaze.
This is a breaking news story. Be sure the check back on the website for further updates as they come in.
Join our Norfolk Breaking News Facebook group to be the first to see breaking news stories in the county.