Emergency services dealing with incident at inflatable on beach
- Credit: James Weeds
Emergency services have cordoned off a bouncy castle on Great Yarmouth beach amid reports of an incident.
People at the scene say four police cars and a forensic van rushed to the area just south of the Jetty.
A police spokesman said they were aware of the incident although the force was not leading on it.
The spokesman said she understood someone may have been involved in an incident, but were not thought to be seriously injured.
An eyewitness said the play apparatus had been deflated and that officers were taking photographs as families played on the beach nearby.
You may also want to watch:
In a statement, Great Yarmouth Borough Council said: “The council has been made aware of an incident this afternoon involving an inflatable on Great Yarmouth Beach.
"Environmental health officers have attended the site and commenced an investigation under the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974, liaising with Norfolk Police.
- 1 Princess Anne pays flying visit to historic Broads' boatyard
- 2 New Sports Direct in town's former M&S set for summer opening
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 Norfolk ban for three men who stole cash from Yarmouth fruit machines
- 5 New dessert restaurant opens in Great Yarmouth
- 6 The challenges of May 17 re-opening - including keeping people sat down
- 7 Great Yarmouth man banned from high street at night
- 8 "We're looking to move soon" - Neighbours' anger over derelict building fires
- 9 Woman shares horror after pet cat Dave is mutilated by elastic band
- 10 "I love it here" - No surprise at village's Rightmove popularity
"It would not be appropriate to comment further at this time.”
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Trust confirmed it responded to an emergency call shortly after 1pm regarding an incident on Marine Parade, Great Yarmouth.
A statement said: "We sent an ambulance and two rapid response vehicles to the scene. One patient was transported to the James Paget Hospital."