Emmerdale star to open Yarmouth Poundland
EMMERDALE star Tom Lister will be visiting Great Yarmouth next week shortly after the opening of the town’s new Poundland store.
The soap heartthrob, who plays Carl King, will be the special guest at a family fun day at the store’s new Gapton Hall branch on November 27, two days after it opens.
He will be helping to get the party started by signing autographs and having his picture taken with fans, while from 11am he will be giving out �1 vouchers, which shoppers can exchange for anything from a 12 pack of Kodak batteries to greeting cards for every occasion.
The family fun day will offer shoppers plenty of ways to win Poundland goodies.
Shoppers can take part in the “checkout challenge” where �100 worth of Poundland vouchers will be given away throughout the day.
You may also want to watch:
The event will run all day with Poundland’s in-store DJ and entertainer giving away balloons and sweets.
The 4,700 sq ft store will fill the former Rosebys furniture store unit and create 30 new jobs with a combined staff and warehouse space of 2,000 sq ft.
- 1 One person left with serious injuries after Yarmouth crash
- 2 Thrilling Fire on the Water show to light up Yarmouth
- 3 Burglars make off with bird equipment after Great Yarmouth break in
- 4 Police appeal after motorcyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 5 Hope steps seen in Danny Boyle's Yesterday will get much-needed repairs
- 6 Spectacular show to light up Great Yarmouth's Venetian Waterways
- 7 Road shuts in Great Yarmouth after crash involving two cars
- 8 Meet the Yarmouth firm on tonight's Grand Designs
- 9 Woman suffers fatal heart attack in ambulance outside Paget
- 10 'How can they do this to mum' - Anger as 87-year-old dumped at care home
The national chain, which sells supermarket goods for �1 at its 300 shops nationwide, already has a store at the Market Gates shopping centre in Yarmouth and is opening the new branch as part fo a trial of new stores at retail parks.