Events net cash for hospital fund
A BURNS night held at the Imperial Hotel in Great Yarmouth netted an impressive £4,000 for the James Paget's Palliative Care East Appeal. More than 100 people enjoyed a great night of entertainment with ceilidh dancing and a piper brought in from Scotland.
A BURNS night held at the Imperial Hotel in Great Yarmouth netted an impressive £4,000 for the James Paget's Palliative Care East Appeal.
More than 100 people enjoyed a great night of entertainment with ceilidh dancing and a piper brought in from Scotland.
The night was sponsored by Norton Peskett Solicitors in Gorleston, Seajacks, and Elm Contracts. Several others also made donations and gave raffle and auction prizes.
And a sell-out Valentine's charity night at the Wherry Hotel in Outlon Broad last Saturday raised almost £1,500.
Meanwhile, tickets are still available for the 1940s night at the Ocean Room on March 1.
Other forthcoming events include a quiz night on March 7 hosted by Great Yarmouth Rotary Club at the town hall; Filby fundraisers will hold a quiz at Filby Bridge Restaurant on March 13; Potters Leisure Resort will host their Annual Charity Show with
- 1 Seaside bar taken over for three weeks by Hollywood crew shooting film
- 2 Roadworks will see a Gorleston road closed for three months
- 3 Mayor left waiting as cruise ship can not dock at Yarmouth due to winds
- 4 7 delicious places to eat in Great Yarmouth's Regent Road
- 5 Investigations continue after body part of man found on Yarmouth beach
- 6 Cyclists embark on challenge from Gorleston to London
- 7 The seven cheapest streets in Great Yarmouth
- 8 Great Yarmouth roadworks expected to be finished by the end of the month
- 9 £65,000 of improvements will see Gorleston street closed for six weeks
- 10 'Revolutionary' cancer test trial to begin in Great Yarmouth
Potters Theatre Company on March 16 in aid of the appeal; and there will be a sponsored dog walk along Gorleston Cliffs on March 24.
The palliative care team is still collecting old mobile phones which can be dropped off at the Palliative Care East stall in the main foyer of the hospital.
If you would like to join the fundraising team or host an event in aid of the appeal or want more information about the above events contact Jenny Westgate on
01493 453348. Donations can be sent by post to the James Paget Healthcare NHS Trust Palliative Care Appeal, Palliative Care
Team, Lowestoft Road,
Gorleston, NR31 6LA. Cheques should be made payable to Palliative Care East.
Donations can also be made online at www.palliative-care-east.org