Events raising cash for Hemsby wildlife rescue centre, Foxy Lodge
A RAFT of events are being staged to help a Hemsby wildlife rescue centre to stay open and carry on caring for the tide of orphaned or injured animals that flows through its doors.
Foxy Lodge currently has 90 animals including a crop of baby hedgehogs but is struggling to meet the �5,000 annual running costs.
Now Joan Naylor and her sister Ann have stepped in with a three month fundraising campaign to raise the money that will allow the owners to get on with the life-saving work they do best.
Joan said: “They are really struggling for cash at present as they have over 90 beasties in needing round the clock care. We desperately don’t want to lose them from our village as they are the only people locally who take wildlife.”
Events are as follows:
You may also want to watch:
Prize bingo, Hemsby Village Hall, Friday, August 10, doors open 6.30pm eyes down 7.30pm. Prizes, raffle, tombola, refreshments, cake stall, bar open.
Family barbecue and fun night at The Sunningdale Club, Newport Road, Hemsby, Saturday, August 11 4pm onwards with barbecue, tombola, raffle, auction, children’s and adult’s games, entertainment.
- 1 Furious villagers claim chicken farm was approved 'under the radar'
- 2 'Magna Carta is no defence' - Man caught fishing illegally on Broads
- 3 Woman's third bid to have guesthouse converted into HMO rejected
- 4 Beach and dunes depleted by 'massive forces' as high tides hit
- 5 'We will have to work at it' - mixed reaction as Great Yarmouth in tier 2
- 6 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 7 'I think it's pretty fair' - Great Yarmouth people react to Tier 2 announcement
- 8 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 9 Construction of £26m Marina Centre to begin in coming weeks
- 10 'I gave it a good run': Postmistress of 27 years retires due to Covid
Quiz night, Hemsby Village Hall, Friday, August 24, �10 for a team of four including nibbles. Bar, raffle, auction. Tables must be booked in advance.
Ladies pamper evening, Hemsby Village Hall, 7.30pm, Thursday, September 13. Tickets �2 in advance. Mini treatments including facials, manicures, tarot card readings, hair dressing, massages, jewellery, cakes and more.
For more information about any of the events or to donate call Joan on 01493 732041 or Ann via 01493 733188. All proceeds to Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue.