Family stepping up to thank hospital
MAJOR heart surgery is traumatic at any age, but brave little Paris Howell underwent three life saving operations while still a baby. Now aged five, it's hard to believe at first sight that this vivacious girl will one day need a heart and lung transplant.
MAJOR heart surgery is traumatic at any age, but brave little Paris Howell underwent three life saving operations while still a baby.
Now aged five, it's hard to believe at first sight that this vivacious girl will one day need a heart and lung transplant.
But for now Paris is enjoying her summer holiday and helping mum Dawn and dad Jason decorate their Bradwell home.
Born with a condition called tricuspid atresia, Paris has a valve missing from the right side of her heart and the ventricle is much smaller than normal.
You may also want to watch:
She started at Woodlands Primary school in September and was bridesmaid at Jason and Dawn's wedding in Florida last year.
Dad is a police constable and mum works as senior team trainer at the Rainbow store in Bradwell.
- 1 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 2 Spiking in Great Yarmouth club last weekend
- 3 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 4 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 5 Potters Resort expands into Essex after acquiring new site
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 7 'Road to nowhere' after erosion streak at Winterton
- 8 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 9 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 10 No further action over arson and fraud allegation at care home
Paris has two elder sisters, Olivia, 15, and Chelsie, 12, and a two year old brother Samuel.
After all that she's been through it's not surprising that Paris is a source of inspiration to her family and friends.
In September, her uncle Lee Howell will be taking part in the Great North Run with wife Sharon to raise money for Great Ormond Street Children's Hospital.
Paris had her operations at the hospital and most recently a cardiac catheter fitted there in June.
Gorleston police officer Lee and sports therapist Sharon have so far raised more than �600 for the hospital and hope to boost the total further.
Dawn said: “I don't know what we would have done without the hospital; it is a cause very close to our hearts.
“So we are delighted that Lee and Sharon are raising money for such a worthwhile cause. Jason couldn't wait to give a donation when he found out what they were doing.”
To sponsor Lee and Sharon email email@example.com.