Fashion shop to move into ex-MFI store
UP TO 45 jobs will be created in Great Yarmouth when an Outfit fashion store opens in November, it was revealed yesterday.The store will be at the former MFI furniture site on the Gapton Hall retail centre and will be the 43rd Outfit site in the country.
UP TO 45 jobs will be created in Great Yarmouth when an Outfit fashion store opens in November, it was revealed yesterday.
The store will be at the former MFI furniture site on the Gapton Hall retail centre and will be the 43rd Outfit site in the country.
It will offer a wide range of fashion brands under one roof, including Miss Selfridge, Topshop and Warehouse.
Last night Arcadia, which owns Outfit, said the new store would not jeopardise its Dorothy Perkins, Burton, Evans and Topshop outlets in Yarmouth town centre
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman said: “Outfit will offer a different shopping experience to Yarmouth's town centre.”
Bruce Sturrock, chairman of the Yarmouth town centre partnership, welcomed the addition of the out-of-town Outfit store as it would bring in more trade overall - although he still had general concerns over the town centre's prosperity.
- 1 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 2 Spiking in Great Yarmouth club last weekend
- 3 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 4 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 5 Potters Resort expands into Essex after acquiring new site
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 7 'Road to nowhere' after erosion streak at Winterton
- 8 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 9 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 10 No further action over arson and fraud allegation at care home
Yarmouth's MFI closed in November due to the economic downturn with the loss of six jobs.