Fashion shop to move into ex-MFI store
UP TO 45 jobs will be created in Great Yarmouth when an Outfit fashion store opens in November, it was revealed yesterday.The store will be at the former MFI furniture site on the Gapton Hall retail centre and will be the 43rd Outfit site in the country.
UP TO 45 jobs will be created in Great Yarmouth when an Outfit fashion store opens in November, it was revealed yesterday.
The store will be at the former MFI furniture site on the Gapton Hall retail centre and will be the 43rd Outfit site in the country.
It will offer a wide range of fashion brands under one roof, including Miss Selfridge, Topshop and Warehouse.
Last night Arcadia, which owns Outfit, said the new store would not jeopardise its Dorothy Perkins, Burton, Evans and Topshop outlets in Yarmouth town centre
A spokeswoman said: “Outfit will offer a different shopping experience to Yarmouth's town centre.”
Bruce Sturrock, chairman of the Yarmouth town centre partnership, welcomed the addition of the out-of-town Outfit store as it would bring in more trade overall - although he still had general concerns over the town centre's prosperity.
- 1 Motorcylist in 50s in hospital with serious injuries after tyre shop crash
- 2 5 of the best places to spot celebrities in and around Yarmouth
- 3 Landlord finds 20 rabbits abandoned at home after tenants move out
- 4 Driver caught at speeds of nearly 100mph also found to have no licence
- 5 First look as Ainsley Harriott and Grace Dent visit Yarmouth for TV show
- 6 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 7 Broads Authority moves to prosecute pub over caravans - again
- 8 Father still searching six months after Pawel Martyniak went missing
- 9 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 10 The care home bringing people together in its own pub
Yarmouth's MFI closed in November due to the economic downturn with the loss of six jobs.