Fashion show at Gorleston Ocean Room
FASHION students are putting the finishing touches to their final collections for their end-of-year catwalk show in front of a 900-strong audience.
Models will show off the results of two years’ creativity, original design and hard work on the ‘runway’ at the Ocean Room, Gorleston on June 23.
Many of the unique garments have been made from scratch with students creating their own fabric by dying and weaving then creating their individual garments.
Joining the diploma and degree level fashion and textiles students on courses at the college and its partner University Campus Suffolk will be art, design and photography students with their ‘anti-fashion’ collection of wearable art Lady Ga-Ga style.
Collections from diploma fashion students include 1980s inspired hip-hop wear and creations inspired by Romany culture.
You may also want to watch:
Among the foundation degree collections are modern bridal wear, corsetry and underwear, a Japanese ‘cute’ style collection called “Sweet and Lovely” and corsets based on fairytale characters
The show starts at 7.30pm and tickets are available on the door or in advance by ringing 01493 419232.
- 1 Woman's third bid to have guesthouse converted into HMO rejected
- 2 Beach and dunes depleted by 'massive forces' as high tides hit
- 3 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 4 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 5 Construction of £26m Marina Centre to begin in coming weeks
- 6 'I gave it a good run': Postmistress of 27 years retires due to Covid
- 7 'Give it back' - Man's plea after his moped is stolen
- 8 Road closed for two days for resurfacing
- 9 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 10 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
To find out more about fashion courses at Great Yarmouth visit www.gyc.ac.uk or www.ucs.ac.uk.