Woman, 18, dies following crash
- Credit: Archant
An 18-year-old woman has died following a crash on a Norfolk road.
Police were called at 10.30pm on Monday (July 22) to reports of a collision in Repps with Bastwick.
A vehicle had collided with a tree along High Road on the A149 near the junction of Mill Lane, police said.
An 18-year-old woman was treated by paramedics but died at the scene.
Her next-of-kin have been informed.
The passenger, another 18-year-old woman, suffered serious injuries and was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich Hospital for treatment.
On Tuesday afternoon (July 23) there were skid marks on the road and bark had been scratched from a tree on the A149 just outside the village.
- 1 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 2 Vets expanding to garage site amid surge in new animal owners
- 3 Great Yarmouth Pride march postponed amid council criticism
- 4 Your chance to run a takeaway pitch on Gorleston seafront
- 5 Work begins on £3m Great Yarmouth council flats development
- 6 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
- 7 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 8 5 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in Great Yarmouth
- 9 Which Great Yarmouth roads are holding Jubilee parties
- 10 Inquest held into death of Gorleston man aged 32
One man, who lives in a house near the scene of the collision, said he saw flashing lights.
Another man said: "We've had lots of accidents but it's the first fatality I've heard of."
Roads policing officers would like to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the collision, the manner of driving of the vehicle prior to the crash, or from anyone who may have captured the incident on dash-cam.
Contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team at Norfolk Police on 101, quoting CAD NC-22072019-630.