Fatal crash - two people released
TWO people arrested after an elderly man was killed in a hit-and-run crash have been released on bail.Emergency services were called to a 62-year-old man found lying in the road at Rottenstone Lane, Scratby, just after midnight on Sunday morning.
TWO people arrested after an elderly man was killed in a hit-and-run crash have been released on bail.
Emergency services were called to a 62-year-old man found lying in the road at Rottenstone Lane, Scratby, just after midnight on Sunday morning.
He was pronounced dead at the scene and police said he had been hit by a car that failed to stop. On Sunday morning they found a Renault Clio at a holiday park in nearby California which they believe was the car involved in the crash. Later on Sunday a 20-year-old woman was arrested California on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving. A 29-year-old man was arrested for the same offence by officers in Fleggburgh at 8.30am.
Geoff Freeman, chairman of Ormesby St Margaret with Scratby parish council, said: “It is a terrible tragedy. Some family is having a dreadful weekend.
You may also want to watch:
“Rottenstone Lane does have streetlights but it is just a little village, a hamlet really.”
Police are urging the occupants of a light coloured vehicle to come forward, believing they could be an important witness.
- 1 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 2 'One in a million' - Bradwell teacher who brought joy to the classroom
- 3 Anger after toilets trashed by youngsters smoking cannabis
- 4 Senior detective's plea to help solve murder of 'lovely lady'
- 5 Further tributes paid to 'larger than life' Gorleston murder victim
- 6 Classic VW camper van gutted by fire on A47
- 7 Holiday homes bid for site of former landmark hotel
- 8 Inquest into death of 23-year-old found on beach adjourned again
- 9 Trek the city on the T.rex trail
- 10 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
Anyone with information should contact PC Shaun Turner at Acle Road Policing on 0845 456 4567.