Final call for Bure Valley Railway Walkers
A final call has gone out for walkers wanting to help a cancer charity with a stroll beside a north Norfolk steam railway line this weekend.
Organisers of the annual Bure Valley Railway Walk have said that more than 415 people will be taking part in the event tomorrow and Sunday, but they would love to boost numbers up to 500.
The walk, for Macmillan Cancer Support, can be done as a nine-, six- or three-mile event, with a free steam train ride to the preferred starting point, either in Wroxham, Aylsham or somewhere in between.
There are also free refreshments at the end of the walk.
Among walkers will be Anglia TV news presenter Becky Jago, who will be taking part on Sunday with her family.
She said: “I’m going to think of my mum and allow myself to feel proud that I’m doing something to try and stop someone else’s mum being taken from them.”
For more information ring Macmillan’s fundraising office on 01603 724 369 or register online at www.macmillan.org.uk/walk
- 1 Man who raped teen jailed for six years
- 2 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 3 'Well-respected' tattoo artist died at home after taking cocaine
- 4 CCTV released of Great Yarmouth man whose body part was found on beach
- 5 Yarmouth's wizard hotel to appear on Four in a Bed
- 6 Car flips on to roof in three-vehicle crash in Yarmouth
- 7 Free open top bus tours to show off Great Yarmouth's seafront
- 8 Date set for road reopening after sewer collapse
- 9 Alcohol seized during police town centre community patrols
- 10 Former Game store earmarked as enterprise hub
n The Stody Cross Country will take place on Sunday to raise money for Norfolk-based charity Break, which provides holidays and respite care for children and adults with learning disabilities.
Entry is free with a sponsor form – minimum sponsorship �10.
Otherwise entry is �10 for adults and �5 for under 17s. Registration is at Hunworth village hall.
Further information about the event is available from Martin Green on 01603 670107.