Burnt fan sparks hotel fire call out
PUBLISHED: 15:36 30 August 2018 | UPDATED: 15:58 30 August 2018
A number of fire engines were called out to Burlington Palm Hotel on North Drive in Great Yarmouth after a fan burnt out this morning.
The incident was not serious and no guests were evacuated.
The Norfolk fire service was called to the incident at 11.30am. A spokesperson for Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service said: “Appliances from Great Yarmouth, Gorleston and Martham attended reports of a building fire on North Drive in Great Yarmouth.
“Crews wearing breathing apparatus used main and hose reel jets supplemented by a hydrant to extinguish. A positive pressure ventilation fan was used to clear the building of smoke. A thermal image camera was used to check for hot spots.”
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Great Yarmouth Mercury. Click the link in the orange box below for details.