Burnt fan sparks hotel fire call out

Fire services were called to Burlington Palm Hotel this morning. Picture: Denise Bradley

Fire services were called to Burlington Palm Hotel this morning. Picture: Denise Bradley - Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017

A number of fire engines were called out to Burlington Palm Hotel on North Drive in Great Yarmouth after a fan burnt out this morning.

The incident was not serious and no guests were evacuated.

The Norfolk fire service was called to the incident at 11.30am. A spokesperson for Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service said: “Appliances from Great Yarmouth, Gorleston and Martham attended reports of a building fire on North Drive in Great Yarmouth.

“Crews wearing breathing apparatus used main and hose reel jets supplemented by a hydrant to extinguish. A positive pressure ventilation fan was used to clear the building of smoke. A thermal image camera was used to check for hot spots.”