Firefighters rescue child wedged in stool

Firefighters have tackled a blaze in the roof of a property in Thorpe St Andrew. Picture: Chris Bish

Firefighters have tackled a blaze in the roof of a property in Thorpe St Andrew. Picture: Chris Bishop - Credit: Archant

A child had to be released by firefighters after becoming stuck in a stool.

Crews were called to Beach Road in Gorleston on Tuesday November 13 at 2.37pm.

A spokesman said the child was freed within about ten minutes and was unharmed.

“It seems like it was a very quick thing,” she said.