Seven crews tackle blaze in derelict building
- Credit: Archant
A fire broke out in a derelict commercial building close to Asda in Great Yarmouth on Sunday afternoon.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue was alerted to the blaze on School Road Back at 1.58pm.
Appliances from Gorleston, Great Yarmouth, Martham, Carrow, Lowestoft North and Lowestoft South were sent to the scene.
There was also an aerial ladder platform from Great Yarmouth.
Crews wore breathing apparatus and used main jets and hose reel jets to extinguish the fire.
A thermal imaging camera was used to check for hot spots.
The stop message was received at 3.25pm.
- 1 Fire on the water bursts into life on Yarmouth seafront
- 2 Petrol attack shopkeeper opens spice shop and restaurant in former pub
- 3 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 4 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 5 Man caught drying cannabis he had stolen from father-in-law
- 6 Work on Great Yarmouth's Third River Crossing 'progressing well'
- 7 Great Yarmouth church to receive £300k grant
- 8 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 9 Picture special: Fire on the Water thrills crowds
- 10 Thrilling Fire on the Water show to light up Yarmouth