Seven crews tackle blaze in derelict building
- Credit: Archant
A fire broke out in a derelict commercial building close to Asda in Great Yarmouth on Sunday afternoon.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue was alerted to the blaze on School Road Back at 1.58pm.
Appliances from Gorleston, Great Yarmouth, Martham, Carrow, Lowestoft North and Lowestoft South were sent to the scene.
There was also an aerial ladder platform from Great Yarmouth.
Crews wore breathing apparatus and used main jets and hose reel jets to extinguish the fire.
A thermal imaging camera was used to check for hot spots.
The stop message was received at 3.25pm.
- 1 New dessert restaurant opens in Great Yarmouth
- 2 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 3 New Sports Direct in town's former M&S set for summer opening
- 4 Princess Anne pays flying visit to historic Broads' boatyard
- 5 "We're looking to move soon" - Neighbours' anger over derelict building fires
- 6 Cafe opens at expanded farm shop that boomed during lockdown
- 7 Legal challenge over riverside footpath is finally resolved
- 8 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 9 The challenges of May 17 re-opening - including keeping people sat down
- 10 "I love it here" - No surprise at village's Rightmove popularity