Fire crews rush to car blaze on A47
- Credit: Chris Bishop
Emergency services were called to the A47 this morning after a car caught fire.
A spokesperson for Norfolk Fire and Rescue confirmed it was called to the road at Blofield at 8.52am.
Crews from Carrow and Sprowston rushed to the scene and arrived just a few minutes later.
They used hose reel jets to put out the fire on the eastbound carriageway, which an eye-witness said was giving off clouds of smoke.
The stop message was received at 9.11am.
You may also want to watch:
The incident initially caused tailbacks for Great Yarmouth-bound traffic, with one driver saying traffic was backed up for "several miles".
Drivers are urged to proceed with caution as there may still be some delays in the area.
• For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
• Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest news on the county's roads.
- 1 'I'm sorry' - Mayor suspended after breaking Covid rules
- 2 Norfolk Day sponsor postpones seaside event over safety concerns
- 3 Retired electrician who died in fire at home is named
- 4 Infections almost double national average in some Yarmouth neighbourhoods
- 5 Inquest adjourned into death of woman who died during cosmetic operation
- 6 Man helped from river after concerns for his safety
- 7 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 8 Head chef whose kitchen burned down leaves restaurant
- 9 Pub loses £40k from Covid closures during Euro 2020
- 10 £4.6m market 'on track' as new building takes shape