Twelve crews battle thatched roof fire in village
- Credit: Liz Coates
Dozens of firefighters are tackling a blaze in a thatched property in Martham.
The blaze is on Back Lane in the village.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service tweeted: "We are currently dealing with a thatch building fire in Martham.
"Please avoid the area to allow emergency services access. If you live in the smoke plume please keep your doors and windows closed."
There are currently eight fire engines on scene, as well as a Command Unit and an Aerial Platform.
Assistant chief fire officer Scott Norman said that the main objective is to salvage the furniture and electrical items from inside the property, whilst trying to avoid the spread of the fire to the front of the building.
A local farmer has offered to store the items for the owner of Gables Farm.
- 1 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 2 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 3 New seafront festival promises feast of family fun
- 4 Access road for driveways denied to Gorleston residents
- 5 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 6 Pupils 'not afraid to share ideas' - School praised by Ofsted
- 7 Green light for quarry's expansion and longer life
- 8 Four men arrested following altercation by Great Yarmouth pub
- 9 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 10 New Norfolk café is selling out of its custard tarts and Nutella-filled croissants
More to follow.