Firefighters called to kitchen fire in Great Yarmouth
PUBLISHED: 13:38 13 May 2019 | UPDATED: 14:04 13 May 2019
Firefighters assisted a woman in Great Yarmouth after a fire in her kitchen.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service said it was called at 12.19pm on Monday (May 13) to reports of a domestic fire on Stonecutters Way in the town.
Two fire trucks from Great Yarmouth and one from Gorleston attended.
Kevin Game, watch manager at Great Yarmouth fire station, said that tea towels placed near the cooker had gone up in flames.
The woman had managed to put out the blaze before the firefighters arrived.
You may also want to watch:
A smoke alarm had alerted her to the fire.
Mr Game said the incident highlighted the importance of installing and checking smoke alarms.
Both police and ambulance were also called but neither emergency service had to attend.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Great Yarmouth Mercury. Click the link in the orange box above for details.