Firefighters battle house and vehicle fires
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters in Great Yarmouth have had a busy weekend responding to a series of call outs including a house fire and a vehicle fire.
At around 8.45am on Saturday, January 6, crews from Great Yarmouth attended a house fire on Victoria Road.
Crews used hose reel jets and breathing equipment to extinguish the blaze.
They also used a thermal image camera to ensure the fire was under control before declaring the scene secure.
Also on Saturday, at 5.45pm, crews from Great Yarmouth and Gorleston attended a report of a fire in Camperdown.
You may also want to watch:
However, upon arrival it was revealed to be a malicious false alarm.
Firefighter were again called into action in the early hours of Sunday morning after reports of a vehicle fire just after 2am.
- 1 Third teenager arrested over Yarmouth park stabbing
- 2 Tesco applies to sell alcohol from pub site
- 3 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 4 Seaside cafe opens new toy library for dogs
- 5 Crowds pour on to streets to enjoy light and sound display
- 6 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 7 They started life in lockdown - but how are these businesses doing now?
- 8 Gorleston high street closed this week for emergency gas works
- 9 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 10 Thrilling Fire on the Water show to light up Yarmouth
The incident occurred on the Lowestoft Road in Hopton. Crews from Gorleston and Great Yarmouth used breathing equipment and hose reel jets to extinguish the fire.